Is there an API to integrate it to my application. RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application that used RTC 1.3 to create Desktop Sharing and Whiteboard session. It used to work fine, but when trying to use it in Vista it fails to create the RTCClient object. I heard this is because it used NetMeeting components which are not available MS Vista.

From what I know I can obtain that functionality from SharedView ? Am I right about this ?
    Is there an API or some sample code I can use to give it a try ?

Regards,
    Jaime Santana
    jaimesantana at hotmail.com

Source:
    http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-live-messenger/150275-vista-live-messenger-missing-functions.html
    Friday, November 23, 2007 10:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Jaime,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft SharedView Beta forums. Unfortunately, we currently do not have a set of APIs available to the developer community to integrate the desktop sharing functionality into other custom applications. We will however be considering this opportunity for our future releases.

Thank you,

Maria

Saturday, November 24, 2007 12:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Jaime,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft SharedView Beta forums. Unfortunately, we currently do not have a set of APIs available to the developer community to integrate the desktop sharing functionality into other custom applications. We will however be considering this opportunity for our future releases.

Thank you,

Maria

Saturday, November 24, 2007 12:07 AM
  • Thanks Maria for your reply,

Since RTC 1.3 is not available for Vista.. So, Do you know which alternatives do I have to use App Sharing in my app in a windows Vista ?
    Saturday, November 24, 2007 4:10 PM