Version 2.0.2318.12 is a disaster! RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen several threads applauding the new version.  For me, it has not been pleasant.  I decided to uninstall and re-install 2.0 to test whether it is the culprit in my slow system start-up time on Vista Business (it is the culprit).  After the re-install, I now can't save my backup configuration (lots of threads complaining on this new problem) and the whole Hub thing is down as well.  In addition, those of us on Vista still can't get Tune-up to get rid of unnecessary files or defrag.

I'm usually a patient beta-tester, but if this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm outta here and back to the continuous beta.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 4:10 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

You've probably seen the other threads by now--the inability to save backup configuration, and the issue with the OneCare circle/hub behavior were actually caused by a couple of server-side issues that we encountered--we don't believe the new client version was actually responsible for this failure.  I've posted more information on the multi-PC forum (http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2077910&SiteID=2), but the issues we ran into should now be fixed, and the clients should be functioning normally again.  If this isn't the case, could you please let me know!

Thanks,

Guhan

Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:37 PM