none
Still problems with CODE BLOCKs RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure about other languages but at least the CODE BOX SYNTAX HIGHLIGHTING with VB.NET code is not working at all! When I use the code block afeature, insert VB code and click on PREVIEW everything looks fine, however, once I click on INSERT ... nada! :-(

VB.NET CODE TEST:

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
            MessageBox.Show("Hello World", "Title", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information)
        End Sub
    End Class
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hah, that;s funny! Here the VB.NET CODE BLOCK seems to work but not in the VB Forums.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:30 AM
  • 	interface Visual
    	{
    		void Draw( Graphics g );
    	}

I agree.  something is weird.  When I use the Insert Code Block, and hit Preview, I see formatted and colourized text, but not when I return to the editor, and not when I view the final post.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:23 PM
  • The block is clearly marked up in HTML as:

<pre lang="x-c#">

yet it is not formatted as such.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:25 PM
  • Trying to repro it here.

I used the same code block that Wyck posted and used the "Insert Code Block" feature with VB.Net

interface Visual
    	{
    		void Draw( Graphics g );
    	}

STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:03 PM
  • I'm seeing intermittent issues (sometimes formatting doesn't work) using the "Insert Code Block" feature of the editor. I'm not able to find a specific pattern here so I've filed a bug on this and we'll take a look.

Thanks.

- Don

Another Insert Code Block to verify

interface Visual
    	{
    		void Draw( Graphics g );
    	}

STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:07 PM
  • This issue will be fixed in the May release. It really had to do with the reply case, which is probably why it worked for you here since it was a new thread.
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    http://twitter.com/robjoh
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:51 PM