Create Contact \wo Read Access RRS feed

• Question

• We have one person who helps entering data as leads and then qualifies the lead generating a contact, opportunity and account. That person should only have access to leads and accounts but not contacts and opportunities. Considering this, the security role has been configured to give the create rights for contacts and opportunities but not read rights. However, the user is getting an error that he needs read rights to contacts ("missing prvReadContact privilege"). Is there a way to achieve the above scenario?
    Monday, April 22, 2013 3:10 PM

Answers

• I suggest to give to this user (let's call ABC) the read permission for contact (and opportunity) at "User" level, means that he can read only his contacts. In addition you need to create a workflow that will change the ownership of the record when the contact is created (for example: trigger on create, if owner equals ABC then assign record to XYZ) in this way he will not have access to any contacts, also the ones that the created starting from a lead.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net

Monday, April 22, 2013 5:33 PM

All replies

• I suggest to give to this user (let's call ABC) the read permission for contact (and opportunity) at "User" level, means that he can read only his contacts. In addition you need to create a workflow that will change the ownership of the record when the contact is created (for example: trigger on create, if owner equals ABC then assign record to XYZ) in this way he will not have access to any contacts, also the ones that the created starting from a lead.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net

Monday, April 22, 2013 5:33 PM
  • Guido, I was hoping for a solution that would completely blend out the Contact & Opportunity, i.e. that it is not even visible. However, since it looks like this is not possible your suggestion is the next best thing. I also already have a workflow that automatically assigns opportunities to the appropriate sales person based on territory.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:28 PM