Does sync work if no one is logged on - but the computer is running? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Live Mesh installed on my home computer (no one logged in) - when I go to the mesh site it says the computer isn't connected. Are files being synced from it whilst no one is logged in. The reason I ask is that I have an application on the machine churning out some files via NT schedule. Will they be synced?

Regards
    Lee 
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 12:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Lee,

Unfortunately the answer is no. Live Mesh does not currently support running as a service (from what I understand this is mainly because multiple people can have Live Mesh installed on the one machine), so if the user is not logged in, Live Mesh will not be running and you won't be able to sync.

I remember this being a suggestion a while back, though I can't find it right now. You could add it as an official one by following the information in this thread - I know I'd give it a +1.

Note, if you have enabled the Remote Desktop extensions in Live Mesh then this will be available regardless of whether or not a user is logged in, simply because that does run as a service.

Cheers,

Oren
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:33 PM