none
Unable to connected to the Head Node RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.
    I have installed and used Microsoft HPC. I have implemented big project on top of Microsoft HPC. 
    During work I get the issue "An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full". I get it any time when I started sending more request to the HPC.

Question: How I can solved that issue?

thanks in advance

Monday, July 10, 2017 7:02 PM

Answers

• Hi A.Artem,

This error could indicate the system runs out of TCP ephemeral ports, please run 'netstat -ano' on the machine and check which process consumes most of the ports.

Regards,

Yutong Sun

• Marked as answer by Artem Azaryan Friday, July 21, 2017 6:19 AM
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 12:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you provide more information for us to understand the issue? For example:

1. The HPC Pack version

2. Where the error is generated?

3. What call you are making when getting this error

4. How many requests (I suppose you're using HPC SOA) you have sent already before you get this error?

5. What's your client HW spec (How many RAM you got, etc)

Qiufang Shi

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:01 AM
  • 1. The HPC Pack version is 2012 R2 + update_1,update_2,update_3

2. Error Generated when I was trying open HPC Manager

3. For example I am getting statuses , progresses, progress messages etc.

4. Yes I am using SOA, but it for controlling and submission simple jobs, client is working direct with HPC SOA

5. Head node server have ---- RAM - 16gb, free HDD ~ 40gb, cpu - 8 cores (it is oversubscribed to 256), WCF  interactive job(SOA) deployed on head node server

After getting that error I am not able to do anything, I am restart server and after restart it is working fine till my client app work, when it started working after some minutes I get that error again 

I tried attached image but it got the message "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account." 

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:45 AM
  • Hi A.Artem,

This error could indicate the system runs out of TCP ephemeral ports, please run 'netstat -ano' on the machine and check which process consumes most of the ports.

Regards,

Yutong Sun

• Marked as answer by Artem Azaryan Friday, July 21, 2017 6:19 AM
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 12:35 AM
  • Hi Yutong Sun

Thanks a lot, I did check. My system used a lot ports. With PID I found the process which used more ports. After investigation I found in The one place I forgot call Scheduler Dispose or Close(inside it exist call Dispose) . after that improvement system started work Good ! THANKS!

Best wish,

Artem

Friday, July 21, 2017 6:25 AM