HELP HELP RRS feed

• Question

• Can some help a Solider I upgraded my Desk Top Computer from Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit to Windows 7 Ultimate but loaded the wrong windows 7. I loaded the Windows 7 32Bit and my computer has to have Windows 7 64Bit, I can reload the one I need ( 64Bit) it wont let it load and I tryed to reformat the hard drive but it wont let me reformat the hard drive. The chip set is a 64Bit and I cant get any thing to work on my computer please help. Thanks

Larry A. Triplett

SFC, US ARMY

IRAQ WAR Vet

Monday, March 28, 2011 8:24 AM

Answers

• "SFCTRIPLETT" wrote in message news:6bbc70d7-7e00-4593-935c-02141e26f84c...

Can some help a Solider I upgraded my Desk Top Computer from Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit to Windows 7 Ultimate but loaded the wrong windows 7. I loaded the Windows 7 32Bit and my computer has to have Windows 7 64Bit, I can reload the one I need ( 64Bit) it wont let it load and I tryed to reformat the hard drive but it wont let me reformat the hard drive. The chip set is a 64Bit and I cant get any thing to work on my computer please help. Thanks

Larry A. Triplett

SFC, US ARMY

IRAQ WAR Vet

There should have been a boatload of warnings when you attempted an upgrade to a different bitness of Windows!
    Changing the bitness of Windows will automatically  format the drive anyhow.

This is really the wrong forum for this question - you should repost in the Answers Windows 7 Installation forum here....

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, March 28, 2011 1:16 PM

All replies

• "SFCTRIPLETT" wrote in message news:6bbc70d7-7e00-4593-935c-02141e26f84c...

Can some help a Solider I upgraded my Desk Top Computer from Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit to Windows 7 Ultimate but loaded the wrong windows 7. I loaded the Windows 7 32Bit and my computer has to have Windows 7 64Bit, I can reload the one I need ( 64Bit) it wont let it load and I tryed to reformat the hard drive but it wont let me reformat the hard drive. The chip set is a 64Bit and I cant get any thing to work on my computer please help. Thanks

Larry A. Triplett

SFC, US ARMY

IRAQ WAR Vet

There should have been a boatload of warnings when you attempted an upgrade to a different bitness of Windows!
    Changing the bitness of Windows will automatically  format the drive anyhow.

This is really the wrong forum for this question - you should repost in the Answers Windows 7 Installation forum here....

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, March 28, 2011 1:16 PM
  • You cannot run Setup from the desktop and do what you are attempting.  You have to boot the computer with the dvd and install that way.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Monday, March 28, 2011 2:01 PM
    Answerer