none
Windows Home Server 2011 Connector - Broken on Win 7 x64 System RRS feed

• Question

• I have one system on my home network,WIn 7 x64, that previously was connected to WHS2011 but something fell apart recently.

When rebooting, the WHS Connector pops up asking to fix the connection. 

I get "Please wait while your server is located" followed by "Wizard cannot find your server".

I've tried "Search again" numerous times but no luck.  If I try to find the server manually, I enter in the WHS server name and after a period of time get "Operation cannot be completed at this time".

I can see the WHS from this system - if I double click on it using WIndows Explorer, the browser Connect screen comes up.  I download the connector software, run it and get "This computer is already connected to another server" and am told to uninstall the Conenctor first.

If I try to uninstall the WHS Conenctor, a window pops up with "gatehring requested infromation" followed by a brief status bar that fills quickly then nothing.  WHS Connector is still installed.

I've tried unistalling WHS Connector via Safe Mode but the same result.

I have also tried renaming the system but all of the above still occur.  Same if I try under another account name with Admin privledges.

Any ideas?

Monday, May 16, 2011 6:56 AM

All replies

• I'm definitely not an expert but you could try going to >program files>Windows Home Server directory and try running the discovery.exe file.
    Monday, May 16, 2011 11:20 PM
  • This brings up the exact same dialogue box as above, with the same results;

"Please wait while your server is located" followed by "Wizard cannot find your server".

"Search again" = nothing. 

Find the server manually = "Operation cannot be completed at this time".

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:38 AM