OneCare does not start on boot RRS feed

• Question

• Sometimes, but not always, OneCare does not load on booting up from a cold start.  I can start the program from my Start menu or from a short-cut on the desktop.  It means that I am unprotected during the 5-minute window that it takes Windows XP Pro to load and that disturbs me.  What determines where and when OneCare starts?  What do do about the problem?
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm having the same problem plus the inability to successfully start the program.  I downloaded the antimalware program and ran it.  This lets me start OneCare but only fixes the problem for that session.  I have to run it each time I start my computer.I'm running XP Home Edition. 

I have also noticed that my computer takes a long time to boot, but scans for viruses or spyware don't find anything.

This is a serious problem that needs to be fixed.
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 5:46 PM
  • I've had this problem since December of '07 when the update to 2.0 was released. Good luck getting anything done.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 6:43 PM
  • OneCare failing to start in a timely manner at boot or not at all indicates a problem with resources, dependent services not starting properly, or a conflict with other software installed on the PC. I recommend that both of you contact support to have your particular situations investigated.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 6:59 PM