none
Windows 7 Activated BUT Have "Not Genuine" Popup-NEW RRS feed

• Question

• I am having the same issues as  a lot of other people regarding the Windows 7 Not Genuine popup. I bought this laptop from QVC shopping channel in Nov. 2011 and have not had an issue like this till now.
    At this point I have only had the Not Genuine popup several times and it has not reverted to the black screen and warning YET.

I have NOT made any hardware changes or changed out any memory.
    I am using Google Chrome, Revo Uninstaller and CCleaner and have not had any system problems related to the programs.
    I initially uninstalled KB971033 update but upon further research found out it was not the source of the problem and reinstalled it.

I ran CHKDSK C: /R and NO problems were found. "The Volume Is Clean."
    Also ran SFC /SCANNOW  "Windows Resource Protection Did Not Find Any Integrity Violations."

I noted on my MGA Diagnostic Report that the last 3 alpha-numeric sets for the Windows Product Key are DIFFERENT from whats on the C.O.A. Label on my computer.
    It looks like the main issues are with the "Library Not Registered" and "Tampered File.."
    The MGA Report is below.
    I am not an expert but consider myself an advanced user which means I know enough to be dangerous so PLEASE don't assume I know everything and PLEASE be specific with any instructions.
    Thank You.

NEW 3-25:Have called M.G.A. Support Phone # and was told the only reason I would receive this popup was for three reasons: 1. Reinstalling OS 2. Major hardware changes 3. Affected By Virus/Malware

I HAVE NOT REINSTALLED MY OS OR MADE ANY HARDWARE CHANGES PERIOD. I have run complete system scans with Bitdefender Internet Security and with my PASSIVE Malwarebytes scanner and both results have been NEGATIVE. They insisted it was a virus problem and wanted to charge me 99.00 to run a complete scan saying my 3rd party programs would not have picked it up. They didn't even want to deal with my MGA report. They did say my Windows Product Key is LEGITIMATE but that was as far as it went.

I'd like to thank Bill Gates and the folks at Microsoft for giving me the reason and a not so gentle push to MAC computers. In their zeal to prevent piracy they are frustrating the heck out of legitimate users and making life miserable for them.

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0x8004FE22
    Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-WJ2H8-R6B6D-7QJB7
    Windows Product Key Hash: ckKNc+BBPDWmo1LUlOkraNjlQ34=
    Windows Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00006
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003
    ID: {F19B70F2-4E02-45B7-89E3-728B366ED57B}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows 7 Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000009
    Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
    TTS Error: 
    Validation Diagnostic: 
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{F19B70F2-4E02-45B7-89E3-728B366ED57B}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-7QJB7</PKey><PID>00359-OEM-8992687-00006</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2113639495-3872625668-3007173594</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Acer</Manufacturer><Model>Aspire 5750G</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Acer</Manufacturer><Version>V1.12</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="7"/><Date>20110711000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>0D913707018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>ACRSYS</OEMID><OEMTableID>ACRPRDCT</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>  

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
    C:\Windows\system32\slmgr.vbs(22, 1) (null): Library not registered. 

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    HrOffline: 0x8004FE22
    HrOnline: N/A
    HealthStatus: 0x0000000000000800
    Event Time Stamp: 3:22:2014 22:25
    ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
    Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
    HealthStatus Bitmask Output:
    Tampered File: %systemroot%\system32\slui.exe|slui.exe.mui|COM Registration

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: MAAAAAEAAQABAAIAAQABAAAAAgABAAEAonaqrly2dgBov3BTXIGoreLUIPlOUy5z

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes
    Windows marker version: 0x20001
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
    BIOS Information: 
      ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
      APIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      FACP ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      HPET ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      BOOT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      MCFG ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASF! ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SLIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASPT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT

• Edited by MikeyDLT Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:21 AM
    Monday, March 24, 2014 5:06 AM

Answers

• Sorry for the delayed response - caused by a number of different things.

Unfortunately, and all modesty aside, I don't think anyone else will be able to do any better than I can, except a direct call to MS techs and letting them take control of your machine (and that's likely to cost $$).

Your best (and certainly quickest) bet may be a repair install.

Download the SP1 Refresh for your language and edition from the links on these pages...

Heidoc -Microsoft DR Download links

The links are for downloads from the Digital River servers run for MS, so are about as safe as you can get :)

Once you have it downloaded, you then need to burn the DVD from it - use either the Windows Disk Image Burner, or (better still) your favourite burning application at the slowest speed possible.

Note that you do NOT 'drag and drop' the file to the disk, you must use the 'burn an image' option from your app - or you'll end up with a useless coaster :)

Once you have the disk burnt, check that it boots the (or any other) system OK - but do NOT start the repair from there - you must start the repair from within a normal Windows boot.

Follow the instructions in this tutorial - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

- and they should help you get through it (it's not as difficult as it looks!)

Always ask questions first if you're unsure - either here, or in sevenforums.

Good luck with it!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:50 AM

All replies

• Computers that come pre-installed with Windows from large manufacturers usually come with two Product Keys.

OEM SLP: This is the key that came in Windows (from the factory). It works by connecting to a BIOS flag (the SLIC table) found only on  computers from that Manufacturer. It also checks for the existence of proper matching licenses in the OS itself. Once it sees both, it self-activates every time the machine is rebooted.

COA SLP: This is the key seen on the sticker located on the side, bottom or in the battery compartment of your machine. This key is for use if the OEM SLP self-activation stops working for whatever reason.

To confirm that the problem is what I think it is, please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt window and post the results.

REG QUERY HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{EE574957-4077-4AD6-8658-327C2C86C5AA} /S

REG QUERY HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{EE574957-4077-4AD6-8658-327C2C86C5AA} /S              

REG QUERY HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{EE574957-4077-4AD6-8658-327C2C86C5AA} /S

Here are some instructions to make life easier :)

1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt. 

2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once. 

3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.     

Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:15 AM
  • Thanks for your response, I ran the commands you specified in the Elevated Command Prompt and here are the results:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Michael>REG QUERY HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{EE574957-4
    077-4AD6-8658-327C2C86C5AA} /S
    ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

C:\Users\Michael>REG QUERY HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{EE574957-4077-4AD6-865
    8-327C2C86C5AA} /S

C:\Users\Michael>REG QUERY HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{EE574957-4
    077-4AD6-8658-327C2C86C5AA} /S

I got my key from what I believe is the COA SLP from a sticker on the bottom of my computer but I will check the bottom of the battery compartment to see if there is anything else. Sorry for the delayed response to your request, I thought I would receive a email alert when anyone posted to this thread. Will frequently check manually from now on.

• Edited by MikeyDLT Friday, March 28, 2014 12:07 AM
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:04 PM
  • Those results make me think that perhaps you've been running a Registry Cleaner of some description - if so, which one?

Please see if there's an option to UNDO anything it's done - there will be other problems also created by such bogus tools.

If you find the undo option, use it, then post another MGADiag report.

Friday, March 28, 2014 8:00 AM
  • I use Revo Uninstaller and Ccleaner but no dedicated registry cleaner. I've got Revo set to do a moderate level of registry entry removal when uninstalling a program and I don't do any registry cleaning with Ccleaner. I've been using both these programs for years with no problems. The only thing I can think of that may have caused this is several months ago I used Revo to remove a Microsoft program that was installed with some other program . I cannot remember what the Microsoft program was. When I get home I'll check Revo to see if there is a undo option. I do have a couple of questions: 1. If I can't find an undo function on Revo can the registration library be rebuilt like I've seen on some other situations similiar to mine on this forum? 2. Would this "Not Genuine Issue" cause System Restore not to work? 3. Is there a time limit or number of times booting up the computer before function is severely limited once these notifications start.
    Friday, March 28, 2014 5:54 PM
  • The usual prime cause of problems with these registry Keys is the improper/incomplete uninstallation of an anti-virus application (or tampers with such installs).

What AV is currently installed? What other AV's have EVER been installed on this machine?

I need to know, simply because it could point to a proper solution, rather than just a Band-Aid one.

WIndows 7 restrictions while non-genuine are very minor - unlike Vista, or XP ones - they basically amount to what you are currently experiencing.

System Restore should still work - and there is no 'reboot bomb/time bomb' to worry about, although if MSE is your current AV, it will cease to function after 30 days of being non-genuine.

If you are experiencing other problems, perhaps a more general approach would be advisable -

Please run a full CHKDSK and SFC scan....

Click on
    Start > All Programs > Accessories

Right-click  on the Command Prompt entry

Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt
    window should pop up.

At the Command prompt, type

CHKDSK C: /R

and hit the Enter key.

You will be told that the drive is locked,   and the CHKDSK will run at the next boot - hit the Y key, and then reboot.

The chkdsk will take a few hours depending on the size  of the drive, so be patient!

After the CHKDSK has run, Windows should boot normally  (possibly after a second auto-reboot) - then run the SFC.

SFC -System File Checker - Instructions

Click on 

Start > All Programs > Accessories

Right-click on the Command Prompt entry

Select   Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt  window should pop up.

At  the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key

Wait for the scan to finish - make a note of any error messages - and then reboot.

Friday, March 28, 2014 9:28 PM
  • I currently have Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 currently installed as well as Malwarebytes PASSIVE scanner, which is the free version. My previous Internet Security suite was Vipre. I uninstalled it on 1-3-14 with Revo and didn't have any install problems with Bitdefender. 

I did check Revo Uninstaller for "undo" processes and it does extensive options for doing this but I'm going to have to do a lot of reading before trying it. I did find that I uninstalled "Windows Live Essientials" on 1-15,16-2014. This was a very large uninstall. Revo highlights in Bold Black the registry entries to be deleted and I might have made a mistake and deleted an entry I shouldn't have. Should I try to reinstall this program from Revo OR just download it again from Microsoft?

I ran CHKDSK C: /R and NO problems were found. "The Volume Is Clean."
    Also ran SFC /SCANNOW  "Windows Resource Protection Did Not Find Any Integrity Violations."

Question: I also have Microsoft Works 9 installed which I have used on my previous computers. I bought this program outright from retail. Could this be an issue? 

I am having NO problems other than this Not Genuine problem. I only noticed an issue with System Restore when I uninstalled another program and Revo could not create a restore point but I am looking into this.

I will wait to hear from you before dealing with Microsoft Live Essientials or other programs. I'm not sure which way to proceed if the anti -virus programs are going to be an issue.

Thank-You for your patience.

P.S. I checked Revo's installed programs list again and I found something I'm not sure I understand. I found that Windows Live Esseintials was installed on 1-16-14 and includes the following programs: Windows Live Mail, Messenger, Family Safety and Writer. This was the same date I completed the uninstall. I'm lost.

• Edited by MikeyDLT Saturday, March 29, 2014 2:18 AM
    Saturday, March 29, 2014 1:24 AM
  • Works 9 shouldn't cause problems - it's a little old, but benign :)

Why did you use Revo to uninstall these programs rather than their own uninstallers? - Revo really only needs to be used for emergencies.

MSE's uninstaller is pretty good - I don't know about Vipre's, but they have cleanup intsructions here - http://kb.threattracksecurity.com/articles/SkyNet_Article/ManualRemove-Home/?q=manual+uninstall&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Having said that, so far as I can tell, neither of these are likely to be responsible for entries there which would give rise to problems from Revo (or any other registry cleaner) - but you should be seeing more problems than just the inability to validate.

I've uploaded a file - sluicom64.zip - to my OneDrive at  Noel's OneDrive

Please download and save it to your desktop.

Right-click on the saved file and select Extract all...

Save it to the default location

This should create a file sluicom64.reg (in a folder 'sluicome64')

right-click on the file, and select Merge

Accept the warnings, - you should then get a 'Success' message.

Close all windows, and reboot.

Run another MGADiag report, and post the results.

Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:37 AM
  • Noel, I use Revo  because it's a more thorough uninstaller. When I use it to remove a program it activates the programs uninstaller if it has one and that was the case with Vipre. I read a lot of different reviews on Revo before getting it and I didn't see any that specified it as an emergency use only program. One of the main reasons I got it was because it provided a safe means of removing unneeded registry entry's that are not tied to anything else that Windows "Add and Remove Programs" would leave behind. I've always understood that a lot of unnecessary registry entry's could cause just as many problems. Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong, I'm open to learning.

1. If a particular program doesn't have it's own uninstaller is Windows "Add and Remove Programs" a better alternative than Revo?  and Does it remove registry entry's?

I downloaded and ran sluicom64.reg as directed and the MGA Report is posted below:

Validation Code: 0
    TTS Error: 
    Validation Diagnostic: 

Vista WgaER Data-->

OGA Data-->
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{F19B70F2-4E02-45B7-89E3-728B366ED57B}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-7QJB7</PKey><PID>00359-OEM-8992687-00006</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2113639495-3872625668-3007173594</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Acer</Manufacturer><Model>Aspire 5750G</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Acer</Manufacturer><Version>V1.12</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="7"/><Date>20110711000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>0D913707018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>ACRSYS</OEMID><OEMTableID>ACRPRDCT</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>  

Licensing Data-->

HrOffline: 0x00000000
    HrOnline: 0x00000000
    HealthStatus: 0x0000000000000000
    Event Time Stamp: 3:26:2014 18:33

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: MAAAAAEAAQABAAIAAQABAAAAAgABAAEAonaqrly2dgBov3BTXIGoreLUIPlOUy5z

N/A

BIOS Information: 
      APIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      FACP ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      HPET ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      BOOT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      MCFG ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASF! ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SLIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASPT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT

Sunday, March 30, 2014 12:18 AM
  • New error message :)

Licensing Data-->

this is not unexpected, as other registry entries may well be compromised - but it does show that we're at least on the right track.

With regards to your questions...

Revo is a very good program - and I use it myself on occasion, and recommend it for use in cases where conventional uninstallers don't work properly.

I'm not convinced however that it should be used for all uninstalls - and it seems that in this case at least, it may have made errors that removed the registry keys involved in normal Windows operation, while tracking back the registry modifications made by the AV's concerned.

It's always preferable with AV.s to use their own uninstallers and cleanup tools since they hook into the system at a very low level in order to force almost everything to go through their checks before beginning 'normal operation'.

Most AV's provide dedicated cleanup tools - unfortunately neither MSE nor Vipre do, so we're left with manual cleanup options. Having said that, I'm not aware of any problems with either MSE or Vipre uninstalls(but the latter is rare enough anyhow that I may not have heard of any, even if they are common to it). Certainly MSE is a pretty clean uninstall, anyhow (unlike most of the big players - Norton/McAfee/AVG/Avast/etc which have their uninstall tools).

There is a lot of urban myth surrounding the 'clean registry' - the fact is that the registry is a database, and nothing more, and except in certain circumstances, should be left alone. The risk of causing problems by attempting to use a general cleaner is far higher than any potetntial benefits that may be gained from removing redundant entries.

Many entries in the registry may appear to be redundant - but in fact are present to allow later additions to hook into the system. e.g. The basic Office installer introduces a few thousand registry entries which lead apparently nowhere, but are there to allow the seamless later installation of other modules and upgrades. Similar entries can be found for many programs. Removal of these entries may not affect the user until they attempt to add one of the 'upgrades' - and at that point the system may barf either by refusing the install, or allowing it but not correctly hooking it into the existing software properly. Either case could mean having to reinstall the original program.

Contrary to myth ( and to historical fact, in Win9x systems) a large registry in Windows 7 does not slow the system significantly (if at all measurably).

I recently came across a case where the COMPONENTS hive alone was over 200MB in size (due to having all Language MUI options installed), rather than the more normal 40MB or so - and the user had noticed no slowdown  (and more importantly, noticed no speedup when the packs were uninstalled, and the registry back down to a more normal size) even in cases where that part of the registry was in heavy use installing Windows Udpates etc..

Back to the new error... I wish it was more specific about which 'library' was not registered!. There are a huge number of possibilities.

The only clue we get is from the line number reference in the error message -

In this case, it refers to the following vbs command statement...

Set g_resourceDictionary = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")

Let's try something simple before we get wrapped up in technical stuff....

Close all open windows.

Open an Elevated Command Prompt window, and type the following command

wusa /uninstall /kb:971033

and hit the Enter key

Accept the warnings/confirmations, and wait for it to complete

copy and paste the output (if any) from the command prompt window to a reply here,

Reboot

reinstall the update from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971033

Reboot

run another MGADiag report, and post it.

Sunday, March 30, 2014 10:01 AM
  • Back online now. Uninstalled KB971033 and reinstalled per directions above. I forgot to copy from the CMD prompt but there was no reply anyway. MGA Report is below.

Thanks for taking the time to fill me in on Revo and the Registry issue. I am definitely going to modify how I uninstall programs since I now don't consider unneeded registry entries to be an issue. I'll start with the programs uninstaller if it has one, then "Add and Remove" programs (Sorry, stuck in XP mode) and if necessary, Revo.

Sidenote: I ran Microsoft's Safety Scanner and it found 9 infected files. I checked the detailed report and it only listed 2, which were EXPLOIT: Java because they were only partially removed. I had the latest version of Java so I cleared the Java Cache. I am NOT impressed that my top rated internet security suite and Malwarebytes did not find these. I even ran Malwarebytes in safe mode. 

TTS Error: 
    Validation Diagnostic: 

Vista WgaER Data-->

OGA Data-->
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-

80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{F19B70F2-4E02-45B7-89E3-728B366ED57B}

</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Archi

tecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-7QJB7</PKey><PID>00359-OEM-8992687-

00006</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2113639495-3872625668-

3007173594</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Acer</Manufacturer><Model>Aspire 

5750G</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Acer</Manufacturer><Version>V1.12</Version><SMBIOSVersi

on major="2" 

minor="7"/><Date>20110711000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>0D913707018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>04

09</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)

</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBI

D><OEM><OEMID>ACRSYS</OEMID><OEMTableID>ACRPRDCT</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData

><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineRes

ults>  

Licensing Data-->

Event Time Stamp: 3:30:2014 00:13

HWID Data-->

N/A

BIOS Information: 
      APIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      FACP ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      HPET ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      BOOT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      MCFG ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASF! ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SLIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASPT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT

Monday, March 31, 2014 11:28 PM
  • Still 'Library not registered' :(

I'm strapped for time this morning - back later!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Hi Noel, I understand you may be very busy but I would like to know if there are some specific areas about this problem I could be researching on my own till you have time to work on this again with me. Thanks, Michael
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 10:38 PM
  • Ooops! - sorry about that!

You're now on my priority list for today.

Friday, April 4, 2014 6:32 AM
  • The only thing I can think to do is to run a load of REGSVR32 commands and hope we hit the right one :(

Not an ideal way to go.

Let's try this...

Open an Elevated COmmand Prompt, and run these commands....

net stop wuauserv 
    regsvr32 wuapi.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wups.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wuaueng.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wucltui.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wuweb.dll /s 
    regsvr32 msxml.dll /s 
    regsvr32 msxml2.dll /s 
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll /s 
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll /s 
    regsvr32 softpub.dll /s 
    regsvr32 initpki.dll /s 
    regsvr32 mssip32.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll /s 
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll /s 
    regsvr32 rsaenh.dll /s 
    regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll /s 
    regsvr32 sccbase.dll /s 
    regsvr32 slbcsp.dll /s 
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll /s 
    regsvr32 jscript.dll /s
    net start wuauserv 
    regsvr32 watweb.dll /s
    regsvr32 npwatweb.dll /s

reboot and run another MGADiag report.

Saturday, April 5, 2014 11:38 AM
  • Ran the REGSVR32 commands and MGA Report as as requested. I only pasted the MGA report but will add the ECP save if needed. I don't know if this is significant but I have not received the " Windows 7 Not Genuine" popup for about a week. It appears to me that nothing has changed on the MGA report. 

TTS Error: 
    Validation Diagnostic: 

Vista WgaER Data-->

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Licensing Data-->

HWID Data-->

N/A

BIOS Information: 
      APIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      FACP ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      HPET ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      BOOT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      MCFG ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASF! ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SLIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASPT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT

Sunday, April 6, 2014 2:08 AM
  • The error message is still present - even if you haven't had a notification again, you will be getting one sooner or later.

I'll be back later with another list of candidates :)

Sunday, April 6, 2014 8:17 AM
  • Would recreating the Licensing Store be an option? Not sure though because the "Tampered" File on the MGA Report is no longer there.
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:52 AM
  • It's certainly a possibility - even if a small one - that could be explored.

Recreate the Licensing Store

Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories

Right-Click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator - accept the UAC prompt

Run the following commands in the Command Prompt window, using the Enter key at the end of each

net stop sppsvc

(wait until the service has stopped before entering the following lines)

CD %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform

REN tokens.dat tokens.bar

net start sppsvc

slui.exe

After a couple of seconds the Windows Activation dialog will appear.

You may be asked to re-activate and/or re-enter your product key, or Activation may occur automatically.

If you are asked for your Key, use the one on the COA sticker on the machine's case

Reboot and Post back with a new MGADiag report.

(Note: the Line 'CD %win......\SoftwareProtectionPlatform' is all on one line - it may be broken in the Forum listing)

(if you've already attempted this in the past, you'll get an error from the REN line - simply change the extension of the target file e.g. tokens.bar5 instead of tokens.bar)

Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:11 PM
  • Ran the above commands at the administrator cmd prompt and I'm not sure I did it right. I've posted a copy of the cmd screen and the MGA report below. I did not get the Windows Activation dialog to appear.

C:\Users\Michael>net stop sppsvc
    The Software Protection service is not started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521.

C:\Users\Michael>CD %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Micr
    osoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProt
    ectionPlatform>REN tokens.dat tokens.bar

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProt
    ectionPlatform>net start sppsvc
    The Software Protection service is starting.
    The Software Protection service was started successfully.

ectionPlatform>slui.exe

ectionPlatform>

MGA:

TTS Error: 
    Validation Diagnostic: 

Vista WgaER Data-->

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Licensing Data-->

HWID Data-->

N/A

BIOS Information: 
      APIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      FACP ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      HPET ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      BOOT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      MCFG ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASF! ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SLIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASPT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT

Friday, April 11, 2014 10:51 PM
  • No change in the report - which if slmgr can't run for whatever reason, isn't too surprising.

...I can't believe that I missed out the vbscript.dll file in that list of registrations! - Sorry!

Please run the following command, and post a new MGADiag report...

REGSVR32 vbscript.dll

Saturday, April 12, 2014 7:28 AM
  • Ran REGSVR32 vbscript.dll at CMD prompt as administrator and got a quick flash statement saying it was successful. Did I need to run the whole "Recreate The Licensing Store" routine with that line? 

TTS Error: 
    Validation Diagnostic: 

Vista WgaER Data-->

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Licensing Data-->

HWID Data-->

N/A

BIOS Information: 
      APIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      FACP ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      HPET ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      BOOT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      MCFG ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASF! ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SLIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASPT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT

• Edited by MikeyDLT Sunday, April 13, 2014 1:22 AM Correct MGA Report
    Sunday, April 13, 2014 12:28 AM
  • Nah - I don't think it has any chance of working until we solve the slmgr.vbs problem.

back later (after coffee!)

Sunday, April 13, 2014 9:07 AM
  • I *may* have found a route to a solution.

Please open Event Viewer

In the left pane, navigate to the Windows Logs

right-click on Applications and select 'Save all events as...' save as Apps.evtx

repeat for the System logs - save as Sys.evtx

Compress both files, and upload to your favourite fileshare site
    (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive/SkyDrive) and post a link in your reply

Sunday, April 13, 2014 3:52 PM
  • How do I compress those files? I don't have a file share site, what would be a good one? Thanks, Mike
    Sunday, April 13, 2014 6:20 PM
  • Right-click on the files and select 'Send to' - select 'Compressed (zipped) folder'

go to http://onedrive.live.com and set up an account - it's free - and read the instructions.

Sunday, April 13, 2014 8:43 PM
  • Uploaded the files as requested to my Public account. I hope I did all of this right, if not let me know and I will correct asap. 

https://onedrive.live.com/#cid=4A3E84BECB236409&id=4A3E84BECB236409%21105

• Edited by MikeyDLT Monday, April 14, 2014 9:17 PM Corrected Text
    Monday, April 14, 2014 9:15 PM
  • Apparently, Vipre/Counterspy install the failing SBRE driver that I see in your logs.

Open Device Manager, click on View in the toolbar, and select 'View hidden devices' - you should now see the driver flagged with an error.

Uninstall/Remove it (tell Windows to remove the software also, if offered)

You appear to also have had Office Click-to-Run installed at some point? - there's a service related to it (Client Virtualization Handler service) that can't find the related executable, CVHSVC.EXE

If Office is still installed for that - you should run a repair install.

If Office Click-to-Run is no longer installed, then you should remove the service (let me know, and I'll post instructions)

YOu also have a couple of more serious errors...

Service 'WMPNetworkSvc' did not start correctly because CoCreateInstance(CLSID_UPnPDeviceFinder) encountered error '0x8002801d'. Verify that the UPnPHost service is running and that the UPnPHost component of Windows is installed properly.

The NVIDIA Update Service Daemon service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not start due to a logon failure.

I can't see anything relating to your current problems, unless it's in the shaky UPnPHost.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:44 PM
  • Noel, I removed the SBRE driver and Office Click-To-Run is no longer installed so I need removing the service instructions. I'm trying to look into the other errors you mentioned as best I can.  P.S-Vipre software was already removed.
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:31 AM
  • I vaguely remembered your saying that you'd had Vipre installed previously.

Let's check the service settings before we try and remove it - please run the following commands

REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\Services\CVHSVC

SC QC CVHSVC

SC QC "Client Virtualization Handler"

post the results, and we'll see if my assumptions are correct - there isn't much out there about this problem unless you want to go through the hassle of reinstalling and uninstalling Office CTR again!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:30 AM
  • Ran the commands as posted and here are the results:

C:\Users\Michael>REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\Services\CVHSVC

C:\Users\Michael>REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\Services\CVHSVC

C:\Users\Michael>SC QC CVHSVC
    [SC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS

SERVICE_NAME: CVHSVC
            TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
            START_TYPE         : 2   AUTO_START
            ERROR_CONTROL      : 1   NORMAL
            BINARY_PATH_NAME   : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shar
    ed\Virtualization Handler\CVHSVC.EXE"
            LOAD_ORDER_GROUP   :
            TAG                : 0
            DISPLAY_NAME       : Client Virtualization Handler
            DEPENDENCIES       : sftlist
            SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem

C:\Users\Michael>SC QC "Client Virtualization Handler"
    [SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

C:\Users\Michael>

Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:45 AM
  • OK - finally got some free time!

Please open an Elevated Command Prompt, and run the following commands

REG DELETE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CVHSVC

NET START CVHSVC

SC QUERYEX CVHSVC

(with luck, you'll get error messages for both the last two commands - saying 'not found' or similar)

post the results and reboot - then wait 10 minutes, and post new event logs as before.

Friday, April 18, 2014 1:47 PM
  • Here is the ECP Report and OneDrive Link:

C:\Users\Michael>REG DELETE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CVHSVC
    Permanently delete the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\
    Services\CVHSVC (Yes/No)? yes
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\Users\Michael>NET START CVHSVC
    System error 3 has occurred.

The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\Michael>SC QUERYEX CVHSVC

SERVICE_NAME: CVHSVC
            STATE              : 1  STOPPED
            WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
            SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
            CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
            WAIT_HINT          : 0x0
            PID                : 0
            FLAGS              :

https://onedrive.live.com/?gologin=1#cid=4A3E84BECB236409&id=4A3E84BECB236409%21105

How come I can't post links using the above hyper link tool. A popup said something about my account not being verified. I was even signed in when I tried to use the hyper link tool.

Friday, April 18, 2014 11:34 PM
  • You have to be a member here for (I think) 10 days before you get automatically verified, and are allowed to post links - it's a spam-prevention method. You can also request verification earlier if you want to, by posting in this thread... http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9fe32cfb-ed1c-4b9d-93d9-7ff32b0106a3/verify-your-account-16?forum=reportabug

Hmm - please reboot and run the following command, as I want to confirm that the services have been removed after all...

SC QUERYEX CVHSVC

SC QC SBRE

they should come back 'no such service' or words to that effect.

(SBRE still seems to be present, in the Event logs)

The following other errors are still present in the Apps log.

Service 'WMPNetworkSvc' did not start correctly because CoCreateInstance(CLSID_UPnPDeviceFinder) encountered error '0x8002801d'. Verify that the UPnPHost service is running and that the UPnPHost component of Windows is installed properly.

Please run the following commands

SC QUERYEX WMPNetworkSvc
    REGSVR32 upnphost.dll /q
    NET START UPnPHost
    SC QUERYEX UPnPHost
    REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\upnphost\Parameters

post the results.

Saturday, April 19, 2014 9:34 AM
  • Here are the results for the first set of commands run at the ECP.  If SBRE is still present how do I get rid of it after I already removed it from the Device Manager?

C:\Users\Michael>SC QUERYEX CVHSVC
    [SC] EnumQueryServicesStatus:OpenService FAILED 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

C:\Users\Michael>SC QC SBRE
    [SC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS

SERVICE_NAME: SBRE
            TYPE               : 1  KERNEL_DRIVER
            START_TYPE         : 1   SYSTEM_START
            ERROR_CONTROL      : 1   NORMAL
            BINARY_PATH_NAME   : \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\SBREdrv.sys
            LOAD_ORDER_GROUP   : Base
            TAG                : 0
            DISPLAY_NAME       : SBRE
            DEPENDENCIES       :
            SERVICE_START_NAME :

Here are the results from the second group of commands:

C:\Users\Michael>SC QUERYEX WMPNetworkSvc

SERVICE_NAME: WMPNetworkSvc
            STATE              : 1  STOPPED
            PID                : 0
            FLAGS              :

C:\Users\Michael>REGSVR32 upnphost.dll /q

C:\Users\Michael>NET START UPnPHost
    The requested service has already been started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.

C:\Users\Michael>SC QUERYEX UPnPHost

SERVICE_NAME: UPnPHost
            TYPE               : 20  WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
            STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                    (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
            PID                : 6036
            FLAGS              :

C:\Users\Michael>REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\
    upnphost\Parameters

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\upnphost\Parameters
        ServiceDll    REG_EXPAND_SZ    %SystemRoot%\System32\upnphost.dll
        ServiceDllUnloadOnStop    REG_DWORD    0x1

REGSVR32 upnphost.dll /q-Would not run> Got message that said: "The command-flag "/q" is not valid.

Sunday, April 20, 2014 1:08 AM
  • I wish MS was more consistent in their flags! the /q was supposed to suppress the success message - in fact, for regsvr32, they use /s instead.

There are similar confusing flags for recursion - /r, /s and /t

<grr>

OK - so the SBRE service is still present... let's see if we can get rid of it.

Open an Elevated Command Prompt, and run the following commands.

REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SBRE

REG DELETE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SBRE /F

REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SBRE

SC START SBRE

Let's see if that kills it off :)

Sunday, April 20, 2014 2:02 AM
  • I think that did it as far as SBRE. 

C:\Users\Michael>REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SBRE

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SBRE
        Type    REG_DWORD    0x1
        ErrorControl    REG_DWORD    0x1
        Start    REG_DWORD    0x1
        ImagePath    REG_EXPAND_SZ    \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\SBREdrv.sys
        Group    REG_EXPAND_SZ    Base

C:\Users\Michael>REG DELETE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SBRE /F
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\Users\Michael>REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SBRE

C:\Users\Michael>SC START SBRE
    [SC] StartService FAILED 2:

The system cannot find the file specified.

MGA Report:

TTS Error: 
    Validation Diagnostic: 

Vista WgaER Data-->

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Licensing Data-->

HWID Data-->

N/A

BIOS Information: 
      APIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      FACP ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      HPET ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      BOOT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      MCFG ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASF! ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SLIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASPT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT

• Edited by MikeyDLT Sunday, April 20, 2014 5:19 AM Added MGA Report
    Sunday, April 20, 2014 5:17 AM
  • Let's go back to the registry -

I've uploaded a file - sluicom64.zip - to my OneDrive at  Noel's OneDrive

Please download and save it to your desktop.

Right-click on the saved file and select Extract all...

Save it to the default location

This should create a file sluicom64.reg  inside a folder sluicom64

right-click on the file, and select Merge

Accept the warnings, - you should then get a 'Success' message.

Close all windows, and reboot.

Run another MGADiag report, and post the results.

Sunday, April 20, 2014 10:12 AM
  • Ran sluicom64.reg as directed. MGA Report posted below. Didn't see any difference. 

TTS Error: 
    Validation Diagnostic: 

Vista WgaER Data-->

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Licensing Data-->

HWID Data-->

N/A

BIOS Information: 
      APIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      FACP ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      HPET ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      BOOT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      MCFG ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASF! ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SLIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASPT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT

Monday, April 21, 2014 2:48 AM
  • No change :(

You currently have BitDefender installed - what other AV programs have EVER been installed on this machine? I know about Vipre - but what did the machine ship with?

Monday, April 21, 2014 7:17 AM
  • I can't remember for sure but maybe Mcafee came with it. If it did I never activated it. I did a file and folder search and found nothing related to Mcafee. Other than that I believe Vipre was the only other AV program installed.
    • Edited by MikeyDLT Monday, April 21, 2014 11:51 PM SP.
    Monday, April 21, 2014 11:50 PM
  • Maybe we'd better do the twinset - Norton and McAfee are the two most likely to have been pre-installed...

Download the McAfee removal tool from:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Click Save, and save the file to a folder on your computer.

Navigate to the folder where you saved the file.

right-click on MCPR.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'  to run the removal tool.

when complete, reboot.

Download the Norton Removal Tool from here https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?lg=english&ct=united+states&docid=20080710133834EN&product=home&version=1&pvid=f-home

Close all other programs, then run the tool. When it's complete, reboot the machine  whether it asks for it or not.

After the reboot, open an Elevated Command Prompt, and run the following command

NETSH WINSOCK RESET

You'll be advised to reboot - do so.

then post another MGADiag report.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:56 PM
  • Ran McAfee and Norton tools as directed. ECP and MGA Reports posted below. This is really frustrating, are we running out of options?

C:\Users\Michael>NETSH WINSOCK RESET

Sucessfully reset the Winsock Catalog.
    You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset.

MGA DIAGNOSTIC REPORT:

TTS Error: 
    Validation Diagnostic: 

Vista WgaER Data-->

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Licensing Data-->

HWID Data-->

N/A

BIOS Information: 
      APIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      FACP ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      HPET ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      BOOT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      MCFG ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASF! ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SLIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      ASPT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
      SSDT ACRSYS ACRPRDCT

Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:06 AM
  • The library not registered error is one of the more difficult ones to isolate.

I think we're at the point now where you have to decide whether to stick with it, or attempt a repair install.

See what you think after reading this tutorial... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:36 PM
  • Noel, I definitely want to stick with it. For me a repair install will be an extreme last resort. 
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:55 PM
  • There's very little 'terror' involved in a repair install of Windows 7 - I consider it a lot earlier now than I ever would have done with XP, or even Vista.

If you're happy to carry on, then it'll be a good learning exercise for me, but it could take some time.

I'll sleep on it and hopefully get some inspiration.

Back in the morning, if I do - otherwise, tomorrow night.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:21 PM
  • Noel, I know your probably busy but is there anything I can be doing till you can get back to me. 
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:48 PM
  • Noel, If you don't have time to work with me on this problem could you please pass me along to another moderator/tech OR should I just re-post the problem. Thank-You, Michael
    • Edited by MikeyDLT Thursday, May 8, 2014 11:10 PM Re-Phrase
    Sunday, May 4, 2014 1:30 AM
  • Sorry for the delayed response - caused by a number of different things.

Unfortunately, and all modesty aside, I don't think anyone else will be able to do any better than I can, except a direct call to MS techs and letting them take control of your machine (and that's likely to cost $$).

Your best (and certainly quickest) bet may be a repair install.

Download the SP1 Refresh for your language and edition from the links on these pages...

Heidoc -Microsoft DR Download links

The links are for downloads from the Digital River servers run for MS, so are about as safe as you can get :)

Once you have it downloaded, you then need to burn the DVD from it - use either the Windows Disk Image Burner, or (better still) your favourite burning application at the slowest speed possible.

Note that you do NOT 'drag and drop' the file to the disk, you must use the 'burn an image' option from your app - or you'll end up with a useless coaster :)

Once you have the disk burnt, check that it boots the (or any other) system OK - but do NOT start the repair from there - you must start the repair from within a normal Windows boot.

Follow the instructions in this tutorial - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

- and they should help you get through it (it's not as difficult as it looks!)

Always ask questions first if you're unsure - either here, or in sevenforums.

Good luck with it!

Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:50 AM