OCS2007 Connectivity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

Could you tell me how see the connectivity in OCS 2007 and by using which tool...........as i did install OCS /LCS 2007 SE in a single server except validating Front End Server Configuration...

Note:- What's IM tool where can i get????

Thank You
    Sameer
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 11:02 AM

All replies

• Sameer,

What do you mean by "see the connectivity"?  Are you looking for performance monitor information or are you not seeing individual presence?  Some more details would be helpful.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:25 PM

• Looking for IM connectivity with OCS
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:29 PM
  • Are you asking where to get the Office Communicator client software? Or how to install it? Or how to use it?  Have you enalbed any user accounts for OCS yet?
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:15 PM
  • Yes you're right, i Enabled User account for OCS, but he couldn't able to login, as i'm mediator in this but i'm good learner you can say, could you Jeffplease help me out, as i got the target to finish it off by the end of the month........kndly contact me on my E-mail

E-mail ID sameeransri@rediffmail.com

I would hreately appreciate if you could do that to me,
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 4:33 AM
  • Front-End Service: Start Pending earlier it was Stopped

start the service from Services.msc following service "Office Communications Server Front-End"  with error

"Could not stsrt the office communication serverFront End Service on Local Computer. Error 1053: the Serice did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:12 AM
  • Does anyone know ADSIedit as of now lookig for ADSIedit tool to vanish all attributes from active directory and SQL server as well,

I execute the ADISIedit.msc  gives an error "Could not create snap in"
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 6:42 AM

• Unfortunately you cannot simply "vanish" attributes that are introduced as a result of AD Schema updates / modifications from deploying OCS. It is only possible to disable unneeded AD attributes. Modifying AD attributes without proper planning, backup and due considerations could potentially lead to disastrous, unrecoverable impact to AD so please be careful!

If you follow closely the steps sequentially as part of OCS setup, including infrastructure readiness (DNS comes to mind), AD Forest and Domain Prep, check AD replication is complete, run actual setup OCS SE, execute validation tests, install OCS Admin tools, enable users for OCS, etc., all the core services like IM and web conferencing should be available right out of the box.

Hope this helps. Do let us know. Thanks.

TechNet Forum Moderator - http://www.leedesmond.com
    Friday, April 10, 2009 4:06 AM