Problem with the command doISVAction RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon everyone,

So guys IM doing some tests CRM4 migration for CRM 2011, in the middle of approval I realized that a good part of the ISV applications are not working. Specifically those that use the doISVAction command, follows an excerpt implemented in CRM4:

<Button Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_2.gif" JavaScript="doIsvAction('crmGrid',false,'Teste.html','1',''); document.all.crmGrid.Refresh();">
    <Titles>
    <Title LCID="1046" Text="Teste" />
    </Titles>
    </Button>

That was migrated to the file contact_ribbon.js, with the following snippet:

function Mscrm_Isv_contact_SubGrid_Group0_Control0_2()
    {
    doIsvAction('crmGrid',false,'Teste.html','1',''); 
    document.all.crmGrid.Refresh();
    }

When you try to run the doIsvAction Command Button is not identified, is there any other type of implementation that does not occur when migrating the same problem or it will be necessary to arrange all buttons after migration?

Since already thank you for your attention.

Att.

Guilherme H.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:22 PM

Answers

• Good afternoon

So I followed your registration and sought the source of the command, I found nothing that said he was a native of CRM 4, even the command being inside a JS system, with that realized some tests and got the same result as the command with the following excerpt in CRM 4 that when migrating is supported by CRM 2011:

<Button Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_2.gif" Url="Teste.html" WinMode="2">
    <Titles>
    </Titles>
    </Button>
    In this way the problem has been solved and the behavior was the same as "strange", thank you very much for your help, the links that you've been helped a lot to get in the solution.

Att.

Guilherme H.

• Marked as answer by GuilhermeGHN Thursday, September 5, 2013 4:44 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The problem is that the function 'doIsvAction' is a CRM4 function and not a standard Dynamics CRM 2011 function. Only customisations that use supported SDK API methods will upgrade correctly. I think you need to replace the doIsvAction with an OpenWebResource call - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj602956.aspx#BKMK_OpenWebResource or change the Ribbon Button to simply open the Teste.html page using a OpenUrl Action. You can easily do this using the Ribbon Workbench - http://ribbonworkbench.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/71374-1-getting-started-with-the-ribbon-workbench

Any customisations that have been made in CRM4 that are not using documented features from the SDK will give you issues like this one when you upgrade.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, September 5, 2013 8:02 AM
    Answerer
  • Good afternoon

So I followed your registration and sought the source of the command, I found nothing that said he was a native of CRM 4, even the command being inside a JS system, with that realized some tests and got the same result as the command with the following excerpt in CRM 4 that when migrating is supported by CRM 2011:

<Button Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_2.gif" Url="Teste.html" WinMode="2">
    <Titles>
    </Titles>
    </Button>
    In this way the problem has been solved and the behavior was the same as "strange", thank you very much for your help, the links that you've been helped a lot to get in the solution.

Att.

Guilherme H.

• Marked as answer by GuilhermeGHN Thursday, September 5, 2013 4:44 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 4:44 PM