Vista Ultimate Validation RRS feed

• Question

• hi can you help me my copy of vista Ultimate worked fine and i had forgotten to validate it i used the product key and Vista is telling me that my copy of Vista Ultimate isnt genuine. I've already tried to start the phone validation but it is stating that there is a problem with my validation ID, what can i do?  How can I remove it?.

Please help me.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Jelsie,

You pressed copy, but did you Paste into the forum post?  you can press the '"ctrl" and "v" keys (at the same time) to Paste anything that you have Copied.

To no longer use Vista, you will need a Licensed copy of some other Operating System. Once you have obtained the Operating System of your choice, install that OS over Vista. The new OS should overwrite or delete the Vista files as it is installing.

However, if you would like me to troubleshoot your Vista issue, first, please feel free to paste the Diagnostic Report into this thread.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:25 PM

All replies

• Hello Jelsie,

In order to recieve the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue" click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.

If you do not have access to the Start Button:

1) Login to Vista and Click the option that brings up Internet Explorer.

2) Type: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 into the browser address bar.

3) A window will come up asking if you want to Run or Save, Select Run

4) When the program runs, Click the Continue button, then click the Copy button.

5) Return to this thread by Typing: http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3527846&SiteID=25 into the browser address bar.

6) In a reply post, Paste the Diagnostic Report.

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:20 PM
  • Hello Darin,

I followed your instructions and it stated that i had an invalid license.  i pressed copy after running the genuine tool but nothing happened.  How can i remove windows vista as it is becoming a pain?
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:56 AM
  • Hi Jelsie,

You pressed copy, but did you Paste into the forum post?  you can press the '"ctrl" and "v" keys (at the same time) to Paste anything that you have Copied.

To no longer use Vista, you will need a Licensed copy of some other Operating System. Once you have obtained the Operating System of your choice, install that OS over Vista. The new OS should overwrite or delete the Vista files as it is installing.

However, if you would like me to troubleshoot your Vista issue, first, please feel free to paste the Diagnostic Report into this thread.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:25 PM