How to quickly start a new job ? RRS feed

• Question

• In the previous version of ICE it was easy to move on to a new job by dropping the new files onto the ICE window and selecting discard of the old project. I can't seem to do that with the new version. I have to go back to the import stage, select the old pictures, click remove and then drop the new pictures.

This would be so much easier if there was a "Remove All" button on the import page. Please consider this for the next version.

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:15 PM

Answers

• There is a "remove all" button on the import page, but it's cleverly disguised as a "Back" button.  :-)  The "Back" button on the import page will return to the welcome page (after asking if you want to save any unsaved changes).  The same thing happens if you select all images (Shift+select or Ctrl+A) and remove them from the import page.

Once you're on the welcome page, you can drop any number of images to start a new panorama project.  You can also drop a single video file, or an existing SPJ stitch project file on the welcome page.  Sorry this wasn't clear from the start; I hope this explanation helps.

Eric Stollnitz, Computational Photography Group, Microsoft Research

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 2:53 AM
  • I have one other tip:

If you like using keyboard shortcuts, you can navigate back any number of steps until you reach the home page tapping ALT + LEFT ARROW (just like in your web browser).

Once on the home page, you can drag & drop any files!

And, if I recall it correctly, no dialog prompts to interrupt you! (:

Best wishes.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 3:17 AM

All replies

• There is a "remove all" button on the import page, but it's cleverly disguised as a "Back" button.  :-)  The "Back" button on the import page will return to the welcome page (after asking if you want to save any unsaved changes).  The same thing happens if you select all images (Shift+select or Ctrl+A) and remove them from the import page.

Once you're on the welcome page, you can drop any number of images to start a new panorama project.  You can also drop a single video file, or an existing SPJ stitch project file on the welcome page.  Sorry this wasn't clear from the start; I hope this explanation helps.

Eric Stollnitz, Computational Photography Group, Microsoft Research

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 2:53 AM
  • I have one other tip:

If you like using keyboard shortcuts, you can navigate back any number of steps until you reach the home page tapping ALT + LEFT ARROW (just like in your web browser).

Once on the home page, you can drag & drop any files!

And, if I recall it correctly, no dialog prompts to interrupt you! (:

Best wishes.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 3:17 AM
  • Hi,

I was using ICE for years already and now I'm running the new ICE 2.0.3.0 since several weeks and basically I like it.

But I'm missing one thing, which was possible in the old version:

I was able to drag&drop new files in the ICE-Window at any phase of the process. This resulted in the dialog "Save/Discard/Cancel" and thus while simply typing "D" for "Discard" I was able to start creation of the next pano very easy.

Now with the new version I need to go back to the IMPORT-phase, select all current files, remove them and only then I can drop new files for a new pano. This new behaviour is very annoying - sorry to say that.

So - I'm looking forward to that reintroduction of an old feature!

Best regards,

Johannes

• Edited by JoFischer Sunday, March 15, 2015 12:55 PM
    • Merged by Matt Uyttendaele Sunday, March 15, 2015 7:39 PM same question
    Sunday, March 15, 2015 12:18 PM