none
Display ThreadID in Header RRS feed

• General discussion

• Occasionally, we need to be able to 'merge' threads. The current process requires copying the PostID from the url, going to a merge screen, entering that copied PostID, the merge process looks up the ThreadID, and then we click on Merge the threads.

Seems like it would cut out a couple of steps if the ThreadID could be easily visible on the Thread Header.

IF 'space' is a problem, I don't need the date/time in this form:

Friday, February 22, 2008 10:16:22 AM

A simplier form of: 02/22/2008 10:16:22 AM would be adequate -and would leave space for the ThreadID.
    You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:08 PM

All replies

• I'd add this just for moderators. It can be another line in the thread title (perhaps right-justified and in parenthesis.)

Ex:

Display ThreadID in Header (12345678)

OR

How does the merge work in the new forums if it's different than the current way?

Arnie,
    Obviously, 02/22/2008 is MM/DD/YYYY, but what about those "other" folks who use DD/MM/YYYY as their format and the date displayed is 02/01/2008? (Feb 1st or Jan 2nd?) The forums team could use three character abbreviations though (Feb)....

Phil Brammer | http://www.ssistalk.com
    • Edited by Phil Brammer Sunday, February 24, 2008 2:14 AM asac
    Sunday, February 24, 2008 2:13 AM
  • Split and Merge are some of the next features we're working on. If you have suggestions, post them.

I'd probably lean towards putting the thread ID in the "Thread Summary" box on the right side of the page instead of a prominent placement area like the title.

The Long Date format is actually controlled by your region/system settings, so we don't get into those issues :)

Rob J, Forums Dev
    Sunday, February 24, 2008 2:41 AM
  • Well...

That's better than the present situation. But it does require that I go into the threads instead of being able to get the information I need for a merge from the {preview).

There are several of us that would like to be able to start working with and commenting on/suggesting about the Moderator functionality.

Of course, it is difficult to offer comments without being able to see what is there...
    You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Sunday, February 24, 2008 2:58 AM