Mugging RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft keep interrupting my computing by telling me I 'may' have pirated software. I DO NOT. I bought my copy of xp - I own it and have the product number, but Microsoft will not listen to me, and will not allow me to prove i do not have pirated software. They are demanding money with menaces - 140€ for validation I don't need. My pension isn't this much a week, so I can't afford to pay out, especailly as i do not need it. How can I stop Microsoft interrupting me several times a day to demand money form me?

Oh yes. I bought the xp disc in the UK. They want me to contact the French agency, by phone at whatever huge cost that involves, but I do not speak French. They will not let me deal in the UK where the software was purchased. If this was any other comapny they would not be able to get away with this blackmail. If I had any money I would sue!

Friday, March 30, 2007 7:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Lynda,

In order to recieve the best support, we request all users initially run the Genuine Diagnostics tool to try and identify the issue you may be having.

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.

but Microsoft will not listen to me, and will not allow me to prove i do not have pirated software.

I disagree, I work at Microsoft and I will listen to you. Once you post the Diagnostic Report, we can see exactly why you are getting the "may have pirated software" notifications.  If it turns out that you are running Genuine software, I will see to it that your notification issue is resolved as fast as possible

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Program Manager

--------------------------------------------------------

All Users: Please go to http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1255325&SiteID=25 before posting a question.

--------------------------------------------------------

Friday, March 30, 2007 8:43 PM