Acronis True Image causes WHS backup to fail RRS feed

• Question

• Background:  Upgraded my computer with new motherboard.  Restored using WHS backup.  Installed new drivers to get everything to work.  I also use Acronis True Image as I want to have a fallback backup just in case.  WHS backups no longer worked for several weeks.

After using the suggestion in another thread about deleting the storage volumes in device manager WHS backups started working again on my computer.  If I then do a backup using Acronis True Image (latest version) and then do a backup using WHS the backup fails again.  Redoing the delete of the storage volumes fixes the problem until I do another Acronis backup.  I am back to getting the chkdsk error.

Any ideas?  I have tried doing a search and see several threads but no real solution that I can see.
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:34 PM

Answers

• Please check your event logs for errors like those described in this post. If you find them, then you should try the method brubber has provided there.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Chaz11 Friday, January 30, 2009 6:54 PM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:00 PM

All replies

• I've made Acronis backups and WHS backups on the same XP and Vista machines with no issues. I use version 10.

Good luck...

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -- Thomas Paine
  • Please check your event logs for errors like those described in this post. If you find them, then you should try the method brubber has provided there.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Chaz11 Friday, January 30, 2009 6:54 PM
  • OK.  Will try suggested steps and see what happens.  Thank you.
    Friday, January 30, 2009 12:58 PM
  • That seems to have cured the problem.  I have a similar problem on another computer but I will start a separate thread.  Thanks so much for the help.
    Friday, January 30, 2009 6:53 PM