Schedule Onecare complete virus scanning while pc is sleeping RRS feed

• Question

•  

I want to schedule a virus complete scanning with Onecare and i want that this task wakes up my Vista computer that is sleeping. Strangly if i schedule the virus scanning through Onecare standard settings the computer doesn't wake up from sleeping as i logically expected and i have not found an option to enable waking up the computer on the options of Onecare. Why is this not a standard option of Onecare? And how can i schedule Onecare to run virus scanning waking up my vista pc that is sleeping?
    Thanks a lot for the help
    Best regards
    Michele
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 9:33 AM

Answers

• Hi, Michele.

No, OneCare cannot wake the computer to perform any tasks. You can, however, schedule some other task in the Windows Scheduler that will wake the computer shortly before your scheduled scan. As long as the PC is active at that time, the scan will take place.

I agree that having an option within OneCare settings to wake the PC for a scheduled scan, backup, tune-up, etc., would be good.

-steve

Thursday, June 5, 2008 2:09 PM

All replies

• Hi, Michele.

No, OneCare cannot wake the computer to perform any tasks. You can, however, schedule some other task in the Windows Scheduler that will wake the computer shortly before your scheduled scan. As long as the PC is active at that time, the scan will take place.

I agree that having an option within OneCare settings to wake the PC for a scheduled scan, backup, tune-up, etc., would be good.

-steve

Thursday, June 5, 2008 2:09 PM
  •  

Thanks Steve.

You know, since Onecare is a Microsoft software product specially studied for the Vista operating system one can expects that it takes advantages of all the new functionalities of this new operating system, but obviously creating a new all purposes security software like Onecare isn't an easy task even for the smart and numeorus guys that work for Microsoft considering also that this is a relatively new task for Microsoft company.

I hope that further releases of Onecare can add this functionality.

Again thanks

Ciao

Michele

Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:35 PM