CRM 4.0 - Bulk save and close cases? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just wondering if it is possible to bulk save and close cases. I have got some code on the form load script which update some fields on a case. i need this to be updated on all cases however the code only takes effect when i save and close a case therefore just wondering if i can do this for multiple cases.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 4:13 PM

Answers

• You will need to have at least 1 published workflow that is able to be run 'On-Demand' for it to show up.

The business logic of this workflow will also have to have all the same logic as your javascript onload does.
    • Edited by Chris_Harrington Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kully88 Friday, June 26, 2015 10:59 AM
    Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:25 PM

All replies

• The easiest way would be to do this with an on-demand workflow.

Create a workflow that fills in the fields, then does the save and close of the case.  Then execute that workflow on the multiple case records from the list of cases, select them, and click execute workflow.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 5:30 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. How would i execute the workflow for multiple cases - i cannot see the option when i have selected multiple cases. I can edit which only edits the one field and does not execute the form on load code.  

Thanks

Kully

Thursday, June 25, 2015 8:48 AM
  • You can click, Shift-Click, or Ctrl-Click to select multiple cases from the list of cases.  Then, click the 'run workflow' button to execute the on-demand workflow that you have already setup.

Also, it WILL NOT execute any form on-load code, so any logic you have in that OnLoad script will have to be done in the workflow itself.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:26 PM
  • Hi Chris,

I do not have this option available. Does this need to be enabled somewhere first?

Thanks

Kully

Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:23 PM
  • You will need to have at least 1 published workflow that is able to be run 'On-Demand' for it to show up.

The business logic of this workflow will also have to have all the same logic as your javascript onload does.
    • Edited by Chris_Harrington Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kully88 Friday, June 26, 2015 10:59 AM
    Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:25 PM
  • Thank you Chris, This has now worked for me
    Friday, June 26, 2015 10:59 AM