Re-deploying (Transfering) CRM from old server & domain to new server & domain RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to re-deploy our CRM 3.0 on a new server within a new domain. I've created fresh installations of CRM and SQL on new servers. I would like to load the data (i.e. accounts, contacts, quotes, etc.) from our old CRM setup to our new CRM setup. I've tried the Import/Export wizard, but that doesn't allow me to update/insert the old data into my new MSCRM database. I've even tried detaching the old MSCRM database, and re-attaching it in place of the new MSCRM database - but since the old database still has the old domain and login information there is no way to access CRM while on the new domain. Does anyone know of a solution to my problem? Help and insight is much appreciated. Thanks.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 9:43 PM

Answers

• You should use the Redeployment tool for this. It comes on the CRM 3.0 Server media, and has sufficient documentation. Broadly, the process is that you move the whole database via SQL backup/restore or detach/attach, then use the redeployment tool to make changes in the database to reflect the new domain, then install CRM server and connect to the existing databases (you need the MSCRM and METABASE databases in CRM 3.0)

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:21 AM

All replies

• You should use the Redeployment tool for this. It comes on the CRM 3.0 Server media, and has sufficient documentation. Broadly, the process is that you move the whole database via SQL backup/restore or detach/attach, then use the redeployment tool to make changes in the database to reflect the new domain, then install CRM server and connect to the existing databases (you need the MSCRM and METABASE databases in CRM 3.0)

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:21 AM
  • Thanks David; the redeployment tool allowed me to easily and quickly move to the new server/domain.

Friday, September 12, 2008 12:29 AM