How would I go about repairing my copy of Vista without the CD? RRS feed

• Question

• You see, I'm having the exact same problems as shown in this thread. http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1908139&SiteID=25

A response says that you can repair it with the installation CD, but my copy came factory installed and without a CD. Any help?
    Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:53 PM

Answers

•   Yes, some manufactures, these days, do not include Windows Restore CD/DVDs, but instead make a small partition on the computers hard drive and place the Windows Restore software there.  As Carey said, the documentation that came with the computer will describe had to conduct the Restore process. If you have any problems, the computer manufacturer will be able to help you with the process.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager
    Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:11 PM

All replies

• Read the User's Guide that came with your new PC for instructions on how to facilitate a repair procedure.

Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:58 PM
  •   Yes, some manufactures, these days, do not include Windows Restore CD/DVDs, but instead make a small partition on the computers hard drive and place the Windows Restore software there.  As Carey said, the documentation that came with the computer will describe had to conduct the Restore process. If you have any problems, the computer manufacturer will be able to help you with the process.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager
    Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:11 PM
  • Is it supposed to sound something like a 'startup repair'? I tried doing something like that (holding F8 on startup) but there was no option to choose from. I also realised I cannot print anymore.
    Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:48 PM
  • Contact your computer manufacturer's support department for assistance.  Each computer manufacturer has their own technique or procedure for repairing or restoring the Windows operating system.  We cannot offer any further advice 'cause we would only be guessing.

Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:01 PM