don't have Onecare secured network key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I recently recovered my laptop and realized after recovering it i don't have my network key! I remember setting it up with Windows Live OneCare while on the free trial and i did write it down but thats gone so i have no way of connecting to my wireless network. Is there a way i can bypass the key or restore the router? it's a Netgear WGR614 wireless G router if thats helps more. Thank you in advanced!
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 10:33 AM

Answers

• You can reset the router settings to the original factory default settings by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the router for about 15 seconds. You can then configure your wireless security again.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 2:20 PM

All replies

• You can reset the router settings to the original factory default settings by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the router for about 15 seconds. You can then configure your wireless security again.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 2:20 PM
  • Thank you very much, i did try the reset button before but i didn't realize i had to hold it down for a certain amount of time.
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 9:08 PM