Question WMP 11, xbox 360 and WHS RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

My xbox360 can't see my server (my laptop under vista is ok) : I've done a lot of tips i found on that forum to make it work well (disable then enable library sharing...) but the situation is the same : i can't find my server on the xbox360. In fact, the xbox saw my server one time, but couldn't connect to it : mesage on the xbox 360 saying that there might be a firewall or port to forwarding etc...since that , nothing..SERVER does not appears in the list of computer on the xbox360 screen

So my question is : if i install WMP 11 on my WHS, will i be able to share my medias(share folders) with the xbox 360 ?

Thank for your answers..and sorry for my poor"english"

nb : great forums, a mine of informations

Monday, March 10, 2008 3:32 PM

Answers

• I don't think we have the same problem : my xbox could'nt see at all my server  (because of pcl)...i found the soluce on the microsoft website...(faq windows media connect...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815752)

Hope it helps you...

Good luck.

Monday, March 31, 2008 9:59 AM

All replies

•  

Can you please tell us what you have already tried to resolve this problem?
    Monday, March 10, 2008 7:36 PM
  • Hello, and thanks for your answer.

As I have said before, I authorize the sharing of files and then reboot, but it has not changed. I also checked in services and seemingly everything was ok. (i forget something ?)

I open ports and access via the Web works very well.

Communication with my laptop under VIsta walk very well.

Oddly, my xbox 360 sawyesterday evening my server (server), but impossible to connect me.

Should I make a manipulation in the dashboard of the Xbox 360? Should we install something else on the PC that hosts the server?

Thank you very much for your answers
    Monday, March 10, 2008 10:33 PM
  • In the WHS Console, what are your settings for:
    - Media Library sharing (in Settings > Media Sharing)?

- Guest account (in User Accounts)?
    - Guest access to the 3 media shares (in Shared Folders)?

Monday, March 10, 2008 10:44 PM
  • My settings in WHS :

media library : status enable (read) for music,photos and videos folder

guess account : no password and status enable (read) for music, photos and videos folder

guess access  : enable (read)

something 's wrong ?

Monday, March 10, 2008 10:55 PM
  • Ok, I solved the problem (from me CPL)

There is a registry key has added (IGMPVersion).

Thanks to all.
    Friday, March 14, 2008 12:59 PM
  • I would like to know how you solved the problem. I also have the problem. My xbox can see the server but when searching for music, photo, or video files it comes up empty and says there are no files, yet all my Windows machines can get there just fine. What registry key did you find that helped. Thank you.

Saturday, March 29, 2008 3:16 PM
  • I don't think we have the same problem : my xbox could'nt see at all my server  (because of pcl)...i found the soluce on the microsoft website...(faq windows media connect...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815752)

Hope it helps you...

Good luck.

Monday, March 31, 2008 9:59 AM