6 months free service extention RRS feed

• General discussion

• I purchaced another copy of windows live one care as the renewal costed 49.99 and the product was available for 25.
    question.
    1. Will the free extended service work the same as the full subscription services?
    as I would like to take advantage of the free time as well as use the new 1 year subscription afterwords.

Additionaly, I have enjoyed the confort of having one care protection on my pc as well as the availabilty for the other PC's in my one care circle. The one care services have performed beyond my expectations and I have recomended it to anyone i new who was looking for antivirus protection. The discontinuation notice was a complete suprise to me. I can only hope for the best for you and your staff and the future is bigger and better for all of you.

Thank you

mark
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:47 PM

All replies

• If you have been given a 6 month extension, you will not be able to renew that subscription as I believe renewals will be disallowed at the end of this year. You could try to renew at https://billing.microsoft.com using the instructions at the top of the forum. If there is no renewal link, then you can use the retail copy for a second subscription or see if you can return the unopened copy or sell it.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:41 PM
  • I too have renewed my subscription with the new expiration date of July 1st 2010, if Live One Care is being discontiued, why are they kept sending me message to renew? I found it very surprising, and  don't have disc to return, I did everything over the net, any suggestion?
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 5:55 PM
  • Ignore any messages about renewal if your expiration date is showing as July of 2010 at https://billing.microsoft.com for your subscription.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:49 PM
  • I have a question ?
    if microsoft is incorporating live care into the operating system will they be recamending another antivirus or will this new virus protection be sufficent ?
    I'm planning for the future and would like to know if i will need an antivirus protection subscription from another provider(nortan...) when microsoft live care subscription service ends.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:36 AM
  • No, OneCare will not be incorporated into the operating system. When your OneCare subscription ends, you will receive information about options for transitioning to the free antivirus product currently being beta tested, Microsoft Security Essentials. If you choose to upgrade to Windows 7 prior to the end of your subscription, you'll need to get a different antivirus product until MSE is released as OneCare will not run on Windows 7. If you choose to use MSE, you do not need other antivirus/antispyware protection, nor should you install any as that would be a conflict.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:06 PM