My Server is on it's way RRS feed

• Question

• This is what I've got ordered and on it's way.

Antec NSK2480 - I'm wanting a desktop case. Will fit 5 drives with the adapter.

Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L

1 GB Crucial Memory

Rosewill RC-212 SATA/IDE card

Dual Core E2160

WHS

iStarUSA iStorm7  2x5.25 to 3x HDD converter bracket with fan.

A lot of stuff was free shipping and with the 20$ NE coupon I got everything for ~470

I have 1 500GB SATA drive, 1 320GB PATA, and 3 250GB PATA existing drives that will be going in. I'll update this thread when it's all here and up and running.

-Josh  

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:31 PM

Answers

• I just wanted to respond back to this thread and let everyone know I got my server up and running over the weekend and everything worked out fine. WHS had an inital disk error but I reinstalled and everything came up fine the second time. WHS didn't find my network or raid card drivers they had to be added later but once loaded things came up fine. I setup the two IDE drives as JBOD on the raid card. All in all so far so good. I transferred a bunch of information over. I loaded it onto a spare hdd I had in a USB enclosure and moved it over via USB rather than using the network. I had duplication turned off while copying over and turned it on afterward.

Monday, March 31, 2008 8:45 PM

All replies

• Nice one Josh.

The only thing I would consider changing would be upper the RAMt to 2 GB - that really seems to make a difference.

Andrew

Monday, March 24, 2008 9:26 PM
  • I just wanted to respond back to this thread and let everyone know I got my server up and running over the weekend and everything worked out fine. WHS had an inital disk error but I reinstalled and everything came up fine the second time. WHS didn't find my network or raid card drivers they had to be added later but once loaded things came up fine. I setup the two IDE drives as JBOD on the raid card. All in all so far so good. I transferred a bunch of information over. I loaded it onto a spare hdd I had in a USB enclosure and moved it over via USB rather than using the network. I had duplication turned off while copying over and turned it on afterward.

Monday, March 31, 2008 8:45 PM