Share file not accessible after installing WHS Connector RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot access a network place (shared folder) on another PC (Family) after installing WHS connector. But if I walk over to the other pc (Family) login, and access the share, exit out, and walk back to my pc and access the share on Family. This started when I loaded the connector software. I also get an iexplore.exe error when I close ie6: The instruction at referenced memory at the memory could not be read. 

This also started with the connector install. I uninstalled the connector and everything back to normal. I reinstalled the connector and both problems reappear. Both pcs are XP Home. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:29 PM

All replies

• csarvis said:

I cannot access a network place (shared folder) on another PC (Family) after installing WHS connector. But if I walk over to the other pc (Family) login, and access the share, exit out, and walk back to my pc and access the share on Family. This started when I loaded the connector software. I also get an iexplore.exe error when I close ie6: The instruction at referenced memory at the memory could not be read. 

This also started with the connector install. I uninstalled the connector and everything back to normal. I reinstalled the connector and both problems reappear. Both pcs are XP Home. Please help. Thank you in advance.

What is the exact error message you get when you try to connect to the other PC?
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:48 AM
  • Sorry it took so long to get back. I think that I have solved this issue. I had to add the other pc to my host file. I didn't have this problem until I installed the WHS. When I set the ip address of the WHS to static I also had to add it to the host file.

I'm still having the iexplore.exe error. When I uninstall the Connector this goes away but this only happens on one pc.

Thanks for your reply.

Chad

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:37 PM