Update-CrmOrganization - Powershell multi-threading RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to update multiple CRM orgs at once using the powershell command.  However, they seem to queue and update 1 at a time.

If I open multiple instances of deployment manager, and update 1 org from each instance, they will upgrade all at the same time.  However, I can't seem to achieve this through powershell.

I've tried:

* (testing) opening multiple powershell windows, and updating 1 org per window.  (upgrades 1 org at a time)

* Start-job triggering multiple updates at once.  All jobs start successfully, however, CRM still upgrades 1 org at a time.  The jobs just sit queued.

* Invoke-Command.  same as above.

Thank you.

• Edited by JCB_240 Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:19 PM typo
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Bump.  And:

Running the 'Update-CrmOrganization' command, you can check on the process of them using the 'Get-CrmOperationStatus' command.  

Using the deployment manager GUI, when you choose to update CRM orgs, the operation status is still empty.  So behind the scenes, the deployment manager is using a different method.  I'm trying to identify what that is (since it multi-threads), and how I can call that from PowerShell (or something).

Thursday, February 20, 2014 8:05 PM
  • This functionality does not exist, according to MSFT support.  Upvote the request for it here:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/835652/update-multiple-org-databases-simultaneously-via-powershell
    • Marked as answer by JCB_240 Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:20 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by JCB_240 Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by JCB_240 Monday, March 24, 2014 2:55 PM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:20 PM