Help wga wants validation after computer hick up RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
     i need some help on trying to find out why wy windows Xp Pro needs to be validated again when it was already registered.
    It only happened yesterday before it happened windows was updated with all its updates including service pack 3,
    i then downloaded and install Internet explorer 8 had no problems what so ever than my dvd burner started playing up
    causining my sysem to play up so i removed it to to see if it was the problem i restarded my computer without my dvd player in it and it loaded to windows as it loaded a get a message about a hardware change and that i need to ativate windows again and that i had 3 days to ativate so i shut it down and put my dvd player back in and restarted the computer and i still get the same message so i go to ativate and it says it is not valid  which i know it is as i have the windows xp pro
    with authenticity sticker and licence key my computer has never been to a computershop at all for repairs as i fix it myself.
    I got my Windows Xp Pr oem with service pack 2 when i had a computer built in 2004 to my spefications with out the operating sysem installed and i bought the operating system which was sealed through them with some ram as i perfer to buy and install my self that way i know that i only have the geniun xp Pro oem disc any way that computer lasted up until last yearwhen the mother board stuffed up so  i baught a new computer with out an operating system installed on it and istalled my own i have had no problems with it untill yesterday as stated above.i have also built two computers for my daughters as i was sick of them using mine and fighting over it all the time both have my Windows Xp Oem Operating system on one is activated and the other one is'nt yet as i am now having this problem with mine. I have also contacted microsoft support about it and i'm still waiting for them to contact me
    Here is my MGADIAG

oem Disc Diagnostic Report (1.9.0006.1):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Not Activated
    Validation Code: 1
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-26D8K-9HBYG-M78B3
    Windows Product Key Hash: NrDDnil9RuUZXIDA91vFtkJ+tBI=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2258155-37737
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {8B7D4B79-A6E1-4155-A6E9-CBFDD0607499}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.40.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-258-3
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 1
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WGATray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.7.111.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-604-645_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{8B7D4B79-A6E1-4155-A6E9-CBFDD0607499}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0006.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-M78B3</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2258155-37737</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1708537768-583907252-682003330</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Product Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>ASUS M2A-VM ACPI BIOS Revision 1604</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20071219000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>4B00341701842078</HWID><UserLCID>0C09</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>E. Australia Standard Time(GMT+10:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: no
    Marker string from BIOS: N/A
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Sunday, May 24, 2009 7:30 AM

Answers

• Morning Phynix 68,

In this situation you would need to purchase a new license along with a new disc. The problem Phynix is Windows XP isn't available anymore unless your local computer store still has some in stock. You would need to either purchase a retail version of XP or the OEM System Builder version. Retail differs from OEM System Builder as you can install it on another computer once you remove it from the other system. OEM System builder version is actually tied to the motherboard of the whichever system it is initially installed on. So if you are into upgrading computers then it would be a good idea to purchase the retail version as you would save money from having to buy a OEM System Builder Windows version each time you upgrade motherboards. 

Take care,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:48 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:48 PM

All replies

• Phynix68,

Your OEM license for XP Pro is valid only on the first computer onto which the license is installed.  The End User Licensing Agreement does NOT permit moving the license from one computer to another, nor does it permit the use of the same license on multiple computers at the same time.

Based on the info in your post, you have violated the "do not move to another computer" rule:  "any way that computer lasted up until last yearwhen the mother board stuffed up so  i baught a new computer with out an operating system installed on it and istalled my own."  You also violated the "do not use on more than one computer" rule:  "i have also built two computers for my daughters as i was sick of them using mine and fighting over it all the time both have my Windows Xp Oem Operating system on one is activated and the other one is'nt yet"

So to recap, you need to buy three new licenses for XP Pro:  one for your recently purchased computer, and one each for the two computers you have built for your daughters.  Your current license for XP is only valid on the computer that had the motherboard problem.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Monday, May 25, 2009 4:38 AM
  • To Dan,
               Thank you very much for your help now i understand the problem as i did't know that you can only use they key on one machine with Oem version. So am i still allowed to install windows Xp Pro Oem disc on other computers and then purchess a key for that sytemor or will i have to purchess another operating system disc.

thanks
    phynix68
    Monday, May 25, 2009 6:45 AM
  • Morning Phynix 68,

In this situation you would need to purchase a new license along with a new disc. The problem Phynix is Windows XP isn't available anymore unless your local computer store still has some in stock. You would need to either purchase a retail version of XP or the OEM System Builder version. Retail differs from OEM System Builder as you can install it on another computer once you remove it from the other system. OEM System builder version is actually tied to the motherboard of the whichever system it is initially installed on. So if you are into upgrading computers then it would be a good idea to purchase the retail version as you would save money from having to buy a OEM System Builder Windows version each time you upgrade motherboards. 

Take care,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:48 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:48 PM
  • Morning/Evening Stephen,
                                         Thank you very much for your help and information now i fully understand what i have done wrong and will go and buy 3 retail versions of xp that way both my girls will have one for their computers.

Kind Regards
    Phynix33
    (Australia)
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:39 AM
  • Take care Phynix... Hope you get your systems up and running soon.

Should you need future assistance come on back and visit us :)

Stephen
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 1:34 AM