Is there a way to implement multi-level synchronization? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have another SyncServices newbie question which I could not find an answer for in both forums and documentation.

Is there a way to (easily) implement some kind of multi-level synchronization? What I mean by that is to have for example a group of tables that have to be synchronized often (tasks), and others that only have to be synched once a day (lookups, materials, products,...).

I would have assumed something like SyncGroups but having some method like syncAgent.synchronize(syncGroup).

The idea is, that although the sync works rather fast, it might be a nice thing if I could have a "small" sync that only syncs few tables (on the go, perhaps with poor wireless connection) and having a "major" sync that is run once a day or when cradling or connecting to wireless lan.

Any pointers appreciated.

Regards,

Andreas

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:39 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, May 19, 2008 1:00 PM

Answers

• This could be achieved at the application level by setting up two sync agents in you application and one for the frequently sync-ed tables and the other for the rarely sync-ed tables. hope this throws an idea to your final solution lists.

thanks

Yunwen

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:30 AM

All replies

• This could be achieved at the application level by setting up two sync agents in you application and one for the frequently sync-ed tables and the other for the rarely sync-ed tables. hope this throws an idea to your final solution lists.

thanks

Yunwen

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:30 AM
  • Thank you again for your feedback Yunwen, it is well appreciated.

Could you imagine if there is a problem if I implement multiple SyncAgents, but only having one local database? Are there any exclusive locks on the .sdf for example?

Andreas

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 7:01 AM