none
MCPD exams for whom? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,
    I am Harsh Patel,student,pursuing MCA,will graduate in 2014.
    My doubt is that am i eligible for appearing for MCPD exams.
    I have a keen interest in ASP.Net framework 3.0 as a code part C# under the Visual Studio 2010.
    So can anybody pls give me proper guidance....
    Thanks in advance,
    Regards!
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 12:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) credential is designed for .NET software developers and are based around .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0, Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 and SQL Server 2005 and 2008.The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) credential is designed for .NET software developers and are based around .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0, Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 and SQL Server 2005 and 2008.

Hope the following link clears your doubt.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/mcpd-certification.aspx

Gopinath.S

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 1:14 PM
  • Anyone can sit a Microsoft exam.  Whether you pass an exam depends on your experience.

Generally speaking, you will need 1-2yrs experience (by experience I mean working with the technologies covered by the various exams which make up the MCPD certification on a day-to-day basis in an employment/contracting/consulting scenario, not just study or doing labs/examples) to pass the exams of the MCPD certification.  That said, some people have been able to pass the exams by only studying.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Proposed as answer by Gopinath.S Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Friday, December 21, 2012 11:32 PM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:14 PM
  • Has your question been answered?  If so, can you please mark it as being answered.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

• Marked as answer by harshpatel127 Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:29 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) credential is designed for .NET software developers and are based around .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0, Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 and SQL Server 2005 and 2008.The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) credential is designed for .NET software developers and are based around .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0, Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 and SQL Server 2005 and 2008.

Hope the following link clears your doubt.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/mcpd-certification.aspx

Gopinath.S

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 1:14 PM
  • Sorry but my doubt still remains.....
    i am still studying and the word "developers" has been used oftenly in official site....

So to be precise would that be advisable for students...

i assume that students can conduct it.i am asking would that be "advisable"?

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:11 PM
  • Anyone can sit a Microsoft exam.  Whether you pass an exam depends on your experience.

Generally speaking, you will need 1-2yrs experience (by experience I mean working with the technologies covered by the various exams which make up the MCPD certification on a day-to-day basis in an employment/contracting/consulting scenario, not just study or doing labs/examples) to pass the exams of the MCPD certification.  That said, some people have been able to pass the exams by only studying.

Jeff Wharton

• Proposed as answer by Gopinath.S Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Friday, December 21, 2012 11:32 PM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:14 PM
  • Ok...I got cleared...
    Thanks guys....
    Regards! :)

Harsh Patel!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:10 AM
  • Has your question been answered?  If so, can you please mark it as being answered.

Jeff Wharton

• Marked as answer by harshpatel127 Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:29 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:10 PM