One Care Circle Question RRS feed

• Question

•  

Can I set up a One Care Circle using (2) PC @ my Office and (1) PC @ my home, via the Internet, to connect all (3)?

And if so will I be able to control all (3) from just (1) "hub" through the internet?

I want to use my (1) PC @ home for the Hub computer.

Thank you,

G.

Friday, December 14, 2007 7:06 PM

Answers

• Yes on the first question. The status of a PC via the Internet depends on communication to the OneCare server and then back to the hub, so there will be a delay in status being reported.

On the second question, you can make the home PC the hub and it will show the status of the 2 office computers. There really isn't much to control, other than to set up backup and to take action in the event of a problem, but I suspect that most problems will not be something you can resolve remotely. If the firewall is reported to be off, for example, on the remote PC, it is probably off due to a problem and not off because someone at the PC turned it off through the OneCare console. If they did, you can turn it back on remotely. As for backup, you won't be able to back up the office PCs to a central location attached to your PC and you can't backup from the home PC to the office PCs, but you can still control the backup configuration from the hub.

-steve

Saturday, December 15, 2007 3:03 AM