System view for custom entity. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends,

I have a custom entity Employees with Username field (lookup with User). It has a system view "Active Employees". I thought it will work like Account's system view "Active Account" that each employee can view recorded by them and admin can view all records. But system view for custom entity is not working like that, it displays all records to all users. Please guide me what to do, how i can create a system view which can work like "Active Account" view.

Thanks,

-- NMathur
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Faisal,

Thanks for reply, I was going to reply to my post that I have resolved the issue. Account entity has "User or Team" type ownership and my custom entity has "Organization" type ownership. Now I have recreated the employee entity and its "Active Employees" view is working according to my requirements.

Thanks again :)

-- NMathur
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:41 AM

All replies

• What are the permissions on this custom Employees entity?

Regards Faisal
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:57 AM
  • Hi Faisal,

Thanks for reply, I was going to reply to my post that I have resolved the issue. Account entity has "User or Team" type ownership and my custom entity has "Organization" type ownership. Now I have recreated the employee entity and its "Active Employees" view is working according to my requirements.

Thanks again :)

-- NMathur
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:41 AM