Update Rollup 3 Beta Localized Package available for Test! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Update on June 26th:

Hi, All,

The Update Rollup 3 Beta is refreshed and all localized languages are available now. We have also extended the ending day to July 6th for some extra time after July 4th Holiday.  Thank You!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, All,

Update Rollup 3 Beta for SBS 2011, WHS 2011, and Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials is available now for testing.This Update contains 19 fixes addressing top customer issues and Windows 8 client Preview compatibility issues.

Please note we are starting to utilizing new site for Home Server Connect Program.

Download Site: http://connect.microsoft.com/SBS/Downloads

Bug Submission Form: https://connect.microsoft.com/SBS/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx

Note you need to sign up to connect site first to access above links.

The Beta preview will be ended by July 4.

We are looking forward to getting feedbacks from you!

Thank You!

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Ning Kuang[MSFT] Windows HSBS Program Manager

Sunday, June 10, 2012 1:59 AM

All replies

• Thanks for sharing the information with us, Ning Kuang.

Sean Zhu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:41 AM
  • Hi,

I have downloaded the beta from connect however when I attempt to download the kb2578133 as per the Update Rollout 3 Package Guide doc it says to contact support as the download is not available. The details of the KB are there, I click on the download and request button at the top, accept the EULA and then nothing.

John

Saturday, June 23, 2012 10:39 AM
  • Am I the only person here who is amazed (and appalled) that MS puts out a "Beta preview" for only 3 weeks!?!?! Who has the patience, time, interest etc. to go to all the trouble and then have it end in 3 weeks?

I must not understand what "The Beta preview will be ended by July 4" means. Maybe July 4, 2013? ;)

• Edited by maxblack Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:35 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:35 PM
  • Some have dedicated test boxes especially for situations like these.  No one is forcing you to participate.  In my opinion, three weeks is suitable time to see if the update package installs correctly and if any problems manifest.  The purpose is more to test the delivery and installation of the package vs. the behavior of the individual components of the package which have been previously released separately.

Beta's are for testing, not real world production.

"Use of this build: This build is for evaluation purposes only. You should not install this in a production environment. Microsoft does not license you for, nor support installing in these environments.

Thank you for taking time to help us to improve the quality of the product. Your feedback is highly appreciated."

--

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

Am I the only person here who is amazed (and appalled) that MS puts out a "Beta preview" for only 3 weeks!?!?! Who has the patience, time, interest etc. to go to all the trouble and then have it end in 3 weeks?

I must not understand what "The Beta preview will be ended by July 4" means. Maybe July 4, 2013? ;)

BullDawg
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:53 PM
  • To enhance what BullDawg said:

"Beta" software (patches, etc.) is normally released with a fairly limited time frame for testing, and should generally not be installed in a production environment unless you're willing to rebuild your production environment if everything goes pear-shaped. Microsoft's "public beta" operating system releases are generally not what I would call "betas"; there are fewer (and less serious) bugs than I would generally expect given the amount of code involved, time frames are longer (there's so much that's new/changed that needs testing) etc. Generally, for an OS, what Microsoft releases for truly public consumption is a release candidate, software that Microsoft thinks it could release if nothing major is found.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:50 PM
  • Now it is clear that in my original post, the following was true:

"I must not understand..."

Thanks BullDawg and Ken Warren for taking the time to educate me--it is appreciated.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:35 PM
  • What is the status of the Update Rollup 3?  When is it going in "production"?

Chuck

Chuck

Friday, July 20, 2012 9:05 PM
  • Glad you mentioned that, was just thinking about this earlier, thought I might of missed an announcement.
    Friday, July 20, 2012 9:33 PM
  • Ning Kuang, it's a bit late now, but for feedback it would have been nice if you had also published a link to a page that described the changes in the Update , for those who were unable to download it or participate in the beta.  Thanks for listening.

Gary

Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:22 PM
  • Microsoft, what is the status of the Update Rollup 3 beta?

Chuck

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:10 PM
  • Pretty obviously, it's done. Microsoft will take issues reported (and problems detected for those who have automated error reporting turned on), fix some stuff, and release it on Windows Update at some point in the future.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:24 PM
  • Yes, Thanks.

We are releasing it within next 1-2 month. An annoucement will be send once it is out, and will stick on this forum for at least 3 month so you won't miss it.

Thanks for the feedback, will try to give more details when refresh the build.

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Ning Kuang[MSFT] Windows Server Program Manager

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:54 AM