Invalid Argument CRM 4 Windows 7 Outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that in on Windows 7 with Outlook 2007; when they try to open any mail merge they get an error that states Invalid Argument. They can open the document without issues through the web client; but not at all with the Outlook client. I do not believe this has a lot to do with the process but they were able to run the mail merge before they upgraded to Windows 7.

This is the entry I found in the Log:

Error: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
    Error Number: 0x80040203
    Error Message: Not all input was provided.
    Error Details: Not all input was provided.
    Source File: Not available
    Line Number: Not available
    Request URL: http://server/co/tools/mailmerge/download.aspx?otc=10009&languageid=1033&templateid={ABE651GZZ-1SDE8-1ER7-CSRE-0048V8/E884DA}&mergetype=0
    Stack Trace Info: [ArgumentException: Not all input was provided.]
    [CrmArgumentException: Not all input was provided.]
    at Microsoft.Crm.Web.MailMerge.DownloadPage.ConfigurePage()
    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    [HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at ASP.co_tools_mailmerge_download_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:57 PM

Answers

• I uninstalled the client and reinstalled the client and this resolved this issue.
    • Marked as answer by oasisaplus Friday, March 26, 2010 6:35 PM
    Friday, March 26, 2010 6:35 PM

All replies

• We have a couple of clients with Windows 7 and Office 2007 and we not heard about any issue. I will check because I'm using Office 2010 and Mail Mergw is working fine (UR9). Which Update Rollup do you have on client/server ?
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 7:45 PM
  • Hi,

Both server and client are on RU6

Monday, March 22, 2010 10:27 PM
  • Try to install UR9 only on the "problematic" client and check if this is working. Check also Application Log in the Event Viewer if you don't have any related warnings/errors.
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 9:37 AM
  • I uninstalled the client and reinstalled the client and this resolved this issue.
    • Marked as answer by oasisaplus Friday, March 26, 2010 6:35 PM
    Friday, March 26, 2010 6:35 PM

Thanks for your message!
    Friday, January 28, 2011 9:39 PM