Vista 64 bit tray icon grayed out (Not connected) RRS feed

• Question

•  

I ran into some issues after installing power pack, like one of the attached drives was not in the storage pool after installing. I had several file issues, but worked them out and now everything is healthy.

The WHS tray on the 64 bit machine is not connecting to the server. Every other asspect of the server is working. If I right click the tray icon (grayed out) I can still open shared folders and console from the icon. I have Windows Live One Care for AV and firewall. After I installed the PP, it was working just fine, but now it is not. The tray icon of the 32 bit machine is working fine and showing all health notifications.

Anyone had this problem?

Monday, June 30, 2008 1:33 AM

Answers

• Have you tried rebooting your machine (the 64 bit one)?

I have noticed that sometimes mine shows gray but a reboot fixes it.

Andrew

Monday, June 30, 2008 7:18 AM
  • The issue is also true of 32 bit clients.  Occasionally after the client comes out of sleep mode the grey icon shows.  Everything but the condition color works perfectly just the grey icon.  A reboot fixes the issue. 

Monday, June 30, 2008 11:50 AM

All replies

• Have you tried rebooting your machine (the 64 bit one)?

I have noticed that sometimes mine shows gray but a reboot fixes it.

Andrew

Monday, June 30, 2008 7:18 AM
  • The issue is also true of 32 bit clients.  Occasionally after the client comes out of sleep mode the grey icon shows.  Everything but the condition color works perfectly just the grey icon.  A reboot fixes the issue. 

Monday, June 30, 2008 11:50 AM