Import organization wizard crashing on user mappings when selecting an AD user to map to RRS feed

• Question

• Following scenario:

W2008 server with SQL2008R2  and CRM 4.0 rollup 12

Steps taken:

Database exported from partner hosted  environment and imported into onpremise environment using sql management studio.

Started import organization wizard and pointed to the imported database.

Map users step: manual mapping

select one user, click "browse", find AD user, click "ok" -> wizard is crashing

Event log indicates:

Faulting application name: mmc.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc808
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be02b
    Exception code: 0xc0000374

Any ideas?

Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately this is not the solution. I made a workaround by updating the domain name in the systemuser table  for the admin user, so I was able to do automatic mapping for the logged in user only. Afterwards I created the new users manually and assigned records to them.

UPDATE: this is a confirmed bug and fixed in rollup 13!

• Marked as answer by Marc_Proactive Friday, September 24, 2010 2:13 PM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 2:13 PM

All replies

• This may head in you in the right direction:

For this issue follow these steps:
    - Update “Accessmode” , “Setupuser” and “IsDisabled values in systemuser table.
    Query to update:
    Update SystemUser Set Accessmode=’0’, Setupuser=’0’, IsDisabled=’0

http://inogic.blogspot.com/2010/05/to-resolved-import-organization-user.html

Jerry http://www.crminnovation.com
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:41 PM
  • Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately this is not the solution. I made a workaround by updating the domain name in the systemuser table  for the admin user, so I was able to do automatic mapping for the logged in user only. Afterwards I created the new users manually and assigned records to them.

UPDATE: this is a confirmed bug and fixed in rollup 13!

• Marked as answer by Marc_Proactive Friday, September 24, 2010 2:13 PM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 2:13 PM
  • assigning records manually will be really hectic.

what you can do is, just create the organization and import the customization and push the just changing the ower of records as per your requirement and use the DMM tool to push the data.

Sudhanshu

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:17 AM