XP licenses check RRS feed

• Question

• I have some xp licesnse written on the paper. Where can I submit those licenses key to Microsoft to check they are genuine or not?
    If they are genuine, is it possible to get a written proof that they are genuine because I lost the COA stickers when the computers were changed or the CDs are put somewhere, couldn't find

• Edited by OKM002 Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:15 AM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:09 AM

Answers

• "OKM002" wrote in message news:6c5ce6e7-0ce9-40ae-8faa-ce23fe992d79...
    I have some xp licesnse written on the paper. Where can I submit those licenses key to Microsoft to check they are genuine or not?

You can’t, basically.
    You could try ringing an Activation Center and asking them – but they will only deal with one per phone call, and may well tell you to get lost.
    Keys are ONLY valid when accompanied by the relevant paperwork in the form of a COA sticker,a POL sticker, and a receipt of some kind (or at least the box in the case of a Retail Key)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:18 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:16 AM

All replies

• "OKM002" wrote in message news:6c5ce6e7-0ce9-40ae-8faa-ce23fe992d79...
    I have some xp licesnse written on the paper. Where can I submit those licenses key to Microsoft to check they are genuine or not?

You can’t, basically.
    You could try ringing an Activation Center and asking them – but they will only deal with one per phone call, and may well tell you to get lost.
    Keys are ONLY valid when accompanied by the relevant paperwork in the form of a COA sticker,a POL sticker, and a receipt of some kind (or at least the box in the case of a Retail Key)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:18 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:16 AM
  • Unfortunately, if you lost the COA's, you no longer have a valid Windows license anyway.
    Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 3:21 AM
  • is it possible at least Microsoft supports can check the licenses are genuine or not for me without going through the wga test, online validation test nor  ringing their Activation Center because I don't want to keep changing the windows keys in the computer.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 4:06 AM
  • I know of no other way to check the authenticity of a Windows license other than installing it and running the the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool.
    Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 4:18 AM