Print Preview Cog missing in Outlook 2010 in Dynamics CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Ever since the upgrade to Dynamics CRM 2013 in early November 2013 the Print Preview facility in Outlook 2010 has disappeared. This was available when opening an Entity record such as an Account, Contact or Lead in the Outlook client. Selecting Print from within Print Preview would then print the full entity record details to the printer even if it went over 2 - 3 pages.

Under Dynamics CRM 2013 No print preview option is available in the Outlook client. In the Web/ Browser client a cog icon appears in the top right hand corner which when clicked offers the Print Preview option. When clicking this the full record is printed again even if the records details stretch over 2 - 3 pages.

I'm not sure why this Print Preview option does not appear when accessing an entity record from within the Outlook client.

I've tried CTRL P and Print but all this prints is the portion of the entity form that is visible at the time CTRL P was clicked.

To clarify this is Outlook 2010 accessing Dynamics CRM 2013 using the latest Outlook for CRM client add-in i.e. version 06.00.0000 0809.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:14 PM

All replies

• Yep even i am having the same issue.. not sure what to do.. Any help ..?
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:02 AM
  • have you ever got this resolved? I am experiencing the same problem.

thanks,

Friday, February 14, 2014 4:22 PM
  • Same here in.  Office 2013 and CRM 2013. 
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 9:51 PM
  • Was there a resolution to this issue? Still happening ..

Friday, July 4, 2014 7:32 PM
  • Nope.  Microsoft say that this is by design.  The integration with outlook is only intended for being able to use e-mail with CRM.  I do not understand why you build all this and the form looks the same for any record, Account, Contact, Case..... in outlook or web, why not have the print preview in both.  If you need it in one why wouldn't you need it in the other.

• Proposed as answer by Bilal AH Friday, June 9, 2017 2:17 PM
    Friday, July 4, 2014 9:26 PM