Compag Notebook RRS feed

• Question

• Dear office, 3 years ago, i did buy the laptop "Compag" in Australia. I did sent to my friend to Czech republic and she put the notebook for reinstalling becausse Czech langquage. She cannot writte english. But I so, someone did reinstall with different Widows XP Home, and now i see the different "product code". But the notebook has under bottom the product number. But when fill up the product key with right the product number, still shows me the number is not richt. I am sending to you the number for confirmation with question why is not opening the Windwow XP Home.

The product key number under Compag notebook ids:

[Product Key Removed from public display]

Please this is the product key number, but i cannot open the window XP Home.

Thanks mates, Ross Ruzicka, Czech republic

Sunday, May 9, 2010 8:09 AM

Answers

• "Ross06" wrote in message news:6c7306fa-c971-4d4b-98eb-7b2c0deb2f6e...

Dear office, 3 years ago, i did buy the laptop "Compag" in Australia. I did sent to my friend to Czech republic and she put the notebook for reinstalling becausse Czech langquage. She cannot writte english. But I so, someone did reinstall with different Widows XP Home, and now i see the different "product code". But the notebook has under bottom the product number. But when fill up the product key with right the product number, still shows me the number is not richt. I am sending to you the number for confirmation with question why is not opening the Windwow XP Home.

The product key number under Compag notebook ids:

QX9Q3 TXBH3 7D6DB 7G74B D6BKG

Please this is the product key number, but i cannot open the window XP Home.

Thanks mates, Ross Ruzicka, Czech republic

The license key under the laptop is version specific as to language (English to Czech) and also to Home or Pro.  The key is also OEM which means it can't be "legally" transferred to another computer.  You would need a Czech language license for the version of XP you are loading onto the computer.
    Sunday, May 9, 2010 12:13 PM