editing whs webpage? RRS feed

• Question

• hello is it allowed to editing the webpage of the homeserver?
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:45 AM

All replies

• myself and a lot of others have changed the picture on the public page and also the picture on the tabs page, so i cant see no reason.

kev

Sunday, June 17, 2007 9:03 AM
  • Most "editing" of those pages will be done in one of two ways. You can change the images displayed by simply providing different files that are the same size. And you can add web sites by adding entries to the Websites.xml file in the appropriate folder. Adding to Websites.xml is documented in the SDK. More complex changes will normally require extending the web site in some fashion.
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 1:05 PM
  • Yes, it's quite easy if your are somewhat familar with editing web pages. There are a few posts here on that topic. I and a few others have even posted a few step-by-step instructions on the files location and such.

I've changed my home page pic and layout a bit and I'm looking at tweaking the tabbed page shortly.

Oh, just make a copy of the original web file and save elsewhere as a backup in case you mess it up LOL.

Heres my post:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1318779&SiteID=50

Now that was in Beta2. I have since taken the RC1 pic and edited in Photoshop. I wanted to keep the orignial format with the pic to the left side. So I cut out the wife and kids and pasted a pic of me and my wife. Then to keep it simple I kept the file name the same so I did not have to alter the xml file. But per my link above, you can mod the code anyway you want to mod the size and placement of the pic....

Here's what my current page looks like:
    (Removed link)

To make additional web pages and links on your public and private WHS pages, be sure to check our Andrew Grant's Add-In: Whiist - Website Management Add-In . Its posted under Developers link in these forums.

Hope that helps. ...
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:57 PM