Black Screen On Video Call between Clients. RRS feed

• Question

• Please can you help?

I'm having problems getting a video call's to work. I can place the call and the audio works fine; however, when I start the video call the video pane is black. "Pending" appears in the pane but after awhile the pane turns black again. This was working fine when we ran with the OCS 2007 private client, which expired a few weeks back, Since installing the public beta 3 client's onto our PC's, my test user's have been unable to make peer to peer voice calls and conference calls, but all attempts of video have ended with a black screen. The camera active lights do come on, also the setup & audio video finds the various Logitech cameras that were trying (QuickCam MP Sphere, Fusion and Ultra Vision).

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 10:53 AM

Answers

•  

I’ve been informed by a colleague that the RTM version of OCS 2007 is now available, So I think I will try that, so as not to waste any more time on this beta 3, thanks for your response.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:31 PM

All replies

• Can you verify that the client is the same version as the server? Both are the public beta version? Is that correct?
    Friday, July 13, 2007 10:26 PM
  • Thank you for your response, yes the private OCS enterprise server was rebuilt from its previous state to the new OCS2007 public beta 3. At that stage the private OCS client was left on our PC's and everything worked fine, then a few weeks back, a message popped up across all our clients saying that they had expired, so that’s when I used the public OCS client. I basically asked my test user base to uninstall there previous client and reinstall the new public beta 3 client. Everything looked fine until we tried to initiate a vide call, as I said in my previous post, The connection is made whether it be a peer to peer or conference involving 3 or more clients with camera’s, they all get the same result, perfect sound but all the OCS windows show black screens where the vide o picture should be. If I get everyone to test the video setup, all the OCS clients pass and show video from the cameras. When making a video call, all the cameras of the clients show a red light to say that there active as well. HELP Please

Saturday, July 14, 2007 11:13 AM
  • Have you run the validation wizard? Do you get errors on the clients or the servers? In the event viewer?

Friday, July 27, 2007 6:26 PM
  • Can you let us know your status? Any changes?

Monday, August 13, 2007 6:27 PM
  •  

Thanks for your reply, I've just returned back to work from a holiday and will run the validation checks that you suggest and post the results.
    Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:07 AM
  •  

I’ve been informed by a colleague that the RTM version of OCS 2007 is now available, So I think I will try that, so as not to waste any more time on this beta 3, thanks for your response.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:31 PM
  • Well tried the RTM version in a new pool and had the same problem, the fix turned out to be a GPO setting which I'd applied in relation to "Limit Bandwidth for Audio & Video Calls" it was set to 256k I've now pushed it back to our orignal setting of 384 and everything is now working fine.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:38 PM
  • Where's the GPO setting for limit bandwidth for audio & video?  I can't find it anywhere, after many hours of searching.

help please!
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:14 PM