Instillation RRS feed

• General discussion

• It strikes me that the installation is somewhat ‘bitty’. The process of Installing Windows Server 2003 then stating the home server set up and installing some components then restarting, installing some more, restarting, installing the updates, restarting ect. Not only was this annoying but very slow. It would be a whole lot simpler to just inatll it all at once ot, at vary leastm install Server 2003 then install the home server stuff, then do one restart.

Monday, May 14, 2007 9:06 PM

All replies

• I agree that the CTP was ackward to install. In the past, other beta programs that I have been apart of have been a lot of the same. The software development team doesn't perform the final polish until RTM builds. I hope, and expect, that the final build will be a smoother install.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 2:25 AM
  • You should also realize that WHS will, for the most part, be sold pre-installed on hardware like the HP MediaSmart Server. So it's possible that the installation will never be particularly polished, because the average end user will never see that process. They'll pick up where the OOBE starts.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 6:54 PM