Project Server E-Mail Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When we publish the project then "Project Server" sends e-mail notifications.
    But in E-mail notifications some records must not be there.

For Example ;

Task Name                            : Project Kickoff  (2 Resources)
    Task Completed Percent          :%100
    Task Work Completed Percent : %100
    Task  Resource 1   Actual Work    1h   and Remaining Work = 0
    Task  Resource 2   Actual Work    0h   and Remaining Work = 0    (This resource doesn't any work therefore project manager set remaining work to "0")

System sends to us Resource 2  following e-mail notifications

Your work assignments below have changed.

Task Name: Project Kickoff 

Start: 16 Şubat 2011 Çarşamba  Finish: 16 Şubat 2011 Çarşamba  Work: 0h  Remaining Work: 0h  % Completion: 0

How we prevent e-mail notifications to the member  ?

Mehmet Kurt

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:40 AM

Answers

• there are no such OOB settings available in the system. as i mentioned earlier, that its the system default feature of sending notification to all team members on every project update.

you need to customize the notification event handler: use the OnSending pre-event handler check for the notification type and for your particular criteria, and cancel the notification to be send if its meets your requirement.

You can refer to the same techNet article i mentioned above for you for more help.

Hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Mehmet,

Sending email notification/alerts is the system default feature. However you can modify frequency and criteria from the Persoal settings available on your PWA home page. Also if you need to modify the default content of the Email, you can follow the following techNet article to customize your email notification content:

How to: customize Email for Project Server Notification

Does this help

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:00 AM
  • Hi,

We have looked these settings (Personal settings) but there is no resolution. Settings contains;

Send me a reminder before my tasks start   - OK
    Send me a reminder before my tasks are due   - OK
    Then continue to send reminders until my tasks are completed or they become overdue  - Our Task is completed but we receive e-mail message still
    Send me a reminder about my incomplete tasks  - OK
    Send me a reminder when my tasks are  overdue  - OK
    Then continue to send reminders  until my tasks are complete  - OK

Actually, We want to system must not be send e-mail if task is completed. Where is the this setting ?

Thank You

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:10 AM
  • there are no such OOB settings available in the system. as i mentioned earlier, that its the system default feature of sending notification to all team members on every project update.

you need to customize the notification event handler: use the OnSending pre-event handler check for the notification type and for your particular criteria, and cancel the notification to be send if its meets your requirement.

You can refer to the same techNet article i mentioned above for you for more help.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:23 AM
  • Hi Mehmet,

At Project Server > Server Setting > Mail Setting

Do not provide any mail Configuration, which will help to to stop sending any emails form Project Server.

Regards, Sujit - MSTC
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:32 AM
  • Hi Sujit,

We do not want to stop sending email notification. We want to stop sending email notification for "Completed Tasks". System doesn't know  Is Task Completed?
    But , All of e-mail settings contains Completed word For Example; "Then continue to send reminders until my tasks are completed". 

I set e-mail settings to the "My project tasks are modified". But Task has no any change and task is completed (%100) but only user actual work is zero (0). System is sending to the user e-mail. Why? But Task is completed.

I don' t understand this behaviour.

Do I have to delete resource that actual work is equal zero for the task  before Task set to the Completed?

Mehmet Kurt 

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:40 PM