Cannot Put Inbound Calls on Hold RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot put inbound calls properly on hold, but outbound calls can be successfully placed on hold. Either direction, I can transfer the call successfully, whether the call was properly placed on hold or not.

In Communicator, I receive the following error:
    "Call cannot be placed on hold.  Your speaker and microphone have been muted."

There is no error logged in the eventlog or an error in the sip stack using the Snooper.

Here are a few details about my install:
    OCS 2007 R2 > Mediation Server > Ingate SIParator > SIP service from Bandwidth.com

This is a greenfield OCS 2007 R2 deployment with no intention of integrating with another PBX.

Exchange 2007 is also deployed for Unified Messaging.

Dual NICs are installed on the Mediation Server and properly placed on two different subnets. Same error occured when only using one NIC.
    Monday, June 22, 2009 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    My advice is to install wireshark or NetMon on the mediation server. Start a capture and filter the packets for "sip". You will see all the SIP messages: the invite, the OK, etc. When you place a call on hold from MOC, the Mediation server will send a SIP message trying to place the call on hold. check and see when the hold message goes out, if the mediation server or Ingate complains or throws up a SIP error code.

There are lots of ways to specify "hold" in SIP... OCS uses a particular way (i think it's to send a "receive only" message). But your SIP provider on the other side of the gateway may be looking for something else.

Regards,
    Matt

Matt McGillen, PointBridge - https://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/mcgillen_matt/default.aspx
    Friday, June 26, 2009 3:30 PM