Windows Genuine Advantage????? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear friends at Microsoft and eslewhere,

I bought my Compac Deskpro PC with IBM monitor, and best possible peripherals in January this year. I have this PC installed at my home, because being an English Language Teacher, I need its output from time to time.

When I bought my PC, the operating system was already installed by a highly respectable vendor. I deeply resent the fact that Microsoft installed its "GENUINE SOFTWARE VALIDATION TOOL," in my PC, without even telling me that it was doing so. I consider this as installation of a Spyware, which I did not expect from a company like Microsoft. This so-called "TOOL" keeps on telling me that my Windows is not genuine. Genuine or not , It is mine and I ask Microsoft to stop interfering with my PC in such an intimidating manner, forthwith. Otherwise I will be forced to use Linux and uninstall Windows from my PC immediately. None of Microsoft's software larger than 50 MB ever downloads to completion. So I humbly ask you to stop harassing me and start helping me, whatever you consider my situation as regards Windows XP, to be .

Thank you,

Ivor 

Friday, July 7, 2006 6:51 AM

Answers

All replies