Dashboard won't start on Windows XP SP3 RRS feed

• Question

• Been trying to figure out why the Dashboard fails to start on the clients.  After searching on this forum, I installed the RDP update, but still no access (although a different error).  However, I was able to make my connection hang long enough such that when it went to start the dashboard, there is a little box that appears titled "RemoteApp Starting" which normally flashes so fast I can't read it.  The problem I see is that it is trying to connect to an IP of 192.168.111.1, which is NOT (and has never been) my subnet.  The connector download clearly indicates the WHS 2011 server IP in the body of the executable, so I know that is right.  However, it seems to fail because it is using an incorrect IP that it pulled from somewhere.

Any ideas on why it might be doing that?  I can RDP directly into the server with no problem, and the dashboard is fine on the server itself.  Backups seem to work fine so far and I can access the server shares and remote access is fine inside and outside the local LAN.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 1:28 AM

All replies

• OK.  I figured out where that IP came from or at least another reference to it.  It is part of the default site in IIS 7 on the WHS 2011 install.  I can look at the certificate information and see that address plus one other.  I was adding a certificate from Godaddy to the site and found it there.  I'm not sure what to do with that information or how it got in there in the first place.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:36 AM