Migration RRS feed

• General discussion

• Up until about a month ago, I've been using my ISP, Comcast, as my home page with Windows Live as the second tab.  I was using the copy of McAfee provided by my ISP for maintenance, antivirus and registry issues.  I'm also using PC Tools "Desktop Desktop Maestro" and something called "Registry Defense" in a rather vain effort to slow down fragmentation and keep my registry in contact with reality.

Now, I've reversed the positions with Windows Live as the first tab and Comcast as the second one.  At present McAffee isn't involved.  My poor little computer is now running with a lot of snap, but I can't even get it to start or restart without causing registry errors.

It looks like I started with "Live Care" at a time when they were doing a lot of "migrating," and I, myself was trying to set up the new hard drive.  In order to get where I want to be, I need to find out where I really am.  Can "Live Care" help me in this?
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 4:38 PM

All replies

• Windows Live as a tab on IE has nothing to do with performance on your PC. 

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

I think your problem is probably due to the variety of programs you are using to "help" your PC. I am not familiar with the latter 3, but if any or all of them are running all the time to protect/maintain your PC they are in conflict with your McAfee suite.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:25 PM