I tried to find an answer. We are currently experiencing issue with this addon.
To produce issue :
Save email on a shared drive (in a .msg)
Open the .msg from the shared drive.
Close it and try to reopen it. The addon does not release the file. I am sure this is just a code line to add to have it release the file when you close it.
I could pinpoint that the addon is the issue by disabling one by one all addons.
Ack! Thanks for the bug report - I'll investigate.
Seems this is not a totally unknown problem: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/0af3cca6-ab97-4145-be51-c2f16ebfdc8fSomething I've noticed is that if you open another inspector (separate message window) - any old message, it doesn't have to be another one that was saved as a file, it could be something from your inbox - Outlook & my add-in seem to release their hold on the msg file, and it can then be moved/deleted/reopened. Do you find the same, or am I just being lucky here?
- Edited by Gavin SmythMicrosoft employee, Owner Friday, June 07, 2013 7:25 AM
I confirm the problem also for me.
To respond your question, yes I could release the hold on the msg without restarting Outlook by following these steps :
- Open the msg on a share drive.
- close the mail, try to open it again => you have the error message
- Close the mail
- Open another mail in your inbox which has never been opened since outlook was started
- try to open the msg again => it works now.
Indeed, it seems a new line which releases automatically the hold on the mail is necessary.
Thank you very much for your help.
It's under test at the moment - having found and fixed a few errors, I need to retest some scenarios and, optimistically, then I can push the release button. Given other commitments, though, that'll be week after next at the earliest.
- Proposed as answer by Gavin SmythMicrosoft employee, Owner Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:24 AM