OCS Audio-Video MCU RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In Communicator I can start a video call with someone, but inviting another person I get this error :

Your attempt to start a conference was unsuccessful. If you need further assistance, contact your system administrator.

All the OCS services are started, and it has been working before. I saw the other thread to reinstall the datamcu component, but how do you do that, has anyone encountered this before?

The event logs on the server report this below:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: OCS Audio-Video MCU
    Event Category: (1017)
    Event ID: 32012
    Date:  20/08/2007
    Time:  10:33:46 AM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: SCIROCCO
    Description:
    A user attempted to connect to a conference, but the INVITE request was not valid.  The request was rejected.

Conference URI: sip:br.hob@adelaide.edu.au;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:2341D9B76AEFDC4385B778539F416F21, User URI: sipBig Smilea.hop@adelaide.edu.au

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thanks

Dan

Monday, August 20, 2007 1:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am also getting the same error. Could you let me know, if you were able to solve this problem. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Pankaj

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 1:48 PM
  • Dear Dan,

In a reference environment I have noticed exactly the same error message ...

Can you please perform the following test?

• Set the "Regional Settings" of your Computers running Office Communicator 2007 to "English (United States)" and validate that the Number ("123,456,789.00"), Currency ("$123,456,789.00"), Time ("1:44:14 PM"), Short Date ("1/16/2008") and Long Date ("Wednesday, January 16, 2008") samples are set correctly.
    • Restart Office Communicator.

Start a Audio/Video Call with someone and Invite another User.

Note: I know that this sounds unrelated, but please give it a try.

Best Regards,

Peter

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:42 PM
  • Hmm some tips to isolate the problems: (more info on http://unified-communications.blogspot.com/2008/02/diagnostic-tools-in-ocs.html)

- did you run the validation wizard on the server?

- any errors in the eventvwr

- are there any FW between the two OCS client?

Hope you can give this extra information.

-Joachim Farla

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:13 PM