CRM 2013 new format = "Phone" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In the new CRM 2013 there is a phone format type called “Phone” which let us call directly from the phone field via Skype.in the Contact entity most of the Phone fields have phone format except telephone3 and all of the Account phone fields doesn’t have a format of Phone. I am wondering to create a new phone field (telephone1, telephone2, telephone3) on the account record and make the format Phone but want to know its impact since these fields are OOB fields and I believe these fields might be used in integrated with outlook. If you have any idea how to change these fields to phone format please advise me.

Thanks,

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,

As far as I know there is no supported way to change behavior of OOB fields in supported way.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:38 PM
  • Hi,

The phone fileds works fine in outlook but in web it doesn't let me call with Skype. should I have to change this OOB fields to custom fields with Phone format?

any idea?

Thursday, December 5, 2013 5:41 PM
  • Should work fine. In case it doesn't you should open a ticket at Microsoft Support.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:27 PM
  • Hi All,

When I upgrade my site from CRM 2011 to CRM 2013 all the accounts phone numbers are not clickable to call with Skype.  But the on the contact entity they are clickable. Does anybody know how to change this telephone fields (telephone1, telephone2 and telephone3) to Phone format instead of Text as shown below.

Thanks,

Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:01 AM
  • I found this, hope it helps http://www.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/nathaneccles/2013/09/24/crm-2013-changing-existing-phone-field-s-format
    Monday, December 23, 2013 7:12 PM